Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2012, 08:48 AM   #71
justcallmemama21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why are retailers dropping Sloomb?

Some retailers have recently stopped carrying sloomb products because they were told they had to choose between being a sloomb retailer and belonging to a wool fan chat facebook page. This is not a rumor or hearsay, it is a fact. Several of their most loyal customers were banned from sloomb's facebook pages for belonging to the same wool fan chat group. One of the banned ladies had $800 outstanding in preorders.

Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 08:57 AM   #72
elliebella
DO NOT s/T with! Unresolved transaction issues!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish1973 View Post
I tried posting here what was going on with Sloomb, but my thread immediately got deleted. Part of why they are dropping some retailers is that the retailers belong to a particular Facebook group that was started to give people a place to openly discuss all wool products in an honest fashion. As has been mentioned, Sloomb immediately deletes comments made on their pages regarding poor service, poor quality, and late pre-order times. After banning almost all the members of this Facebook group, they have now taken to asking their retailers to choose sides. I think free speech, openess, and honesty is winning out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmemama21 View Post
Some retailers have recently stopped carrying sloomb products because they were told they had to choose between being a sloomb retailer and belonging to a wool fan chat facebook page. This is not a rumor or hearsay, it is a fact. Several of their most loyal customers were banned from sloomb's facebook pages for belonging to the same wool fan chat group. One of the banned ladies had $800 outstanding in preorders.
Yes, both of the above are FACT.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:20 AM   #73
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
Did you look at Sew Crafty Baby? I ordered a medium OBF in one of their new colors Saturday & it is already OTW. I need another & I will probably go back to Jennifer again before I order from Sloomb directly. I just had to get some of the Capitol Cloth, a denim underwoolie, solid lanolin & another sloomb cube. SCB doesn't have those. They do have a Cherry Bomb Retro OBF I am so excited to get though.

I know this really is not an I heart Sloomb thread, but I do heart them. I am so close to having my stash complete.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
That's the biggest bummer of all - I LOVE their products - their snapless and wool are some of my favorite CDing things..too bad their customer service just doesn't match.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:25 AM   #74
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmemama21 View Post
Yikes. Sloomb is going to suffer. Poor choice!
Old 10-31-2012, 09:31 AM   #75
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

WOAH!
Old 10-31-2012, 09:31 AM   #76
Mama2Too
Registered Users

I'm bummed to hear this. We have used SBish for over a year for nights. I wonder if The Natural Baby Company is going to drop them. I was just in their store the other day and they have a huge, gorgeous display full of SBish wool and its where I've bought all of my Sbish.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:31 AM   #77
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I wish I had a business so successful I could treat my customers like dirt, take away their free speech, and tell my retailers who they can and cannot speak to and still have a loyal customer base.

This is mind boggling.
Cautiously expecting #4 10/6/16
Old 10-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #78
Xanders
Registered Users
seller

You know if they're having so many problems getting orders out, hand it to me. I'll do it. With a retail background, I just cannot understand how customer service & moving products can be a problem, but then again I used to work at Gap & we had to "own" things.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #79
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey View Post
Sloomb has definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. KDTM is better without them.
I totally agree with this. My dealings with Sloomb have been nothing but a headache which caused me to sell off my full stash of Sloomb products.

KBTM, on the other hand, has been a delight to do business with and I agree that they are better off without Sloomb.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #80
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Too View Post
I'm bummed to hear this. We have used SBish for over a year for nights. I wonder if The Natural Baby Company is going to drop them. I was just in their store the other day and they have a huge, gorgeous display full of SBish wool and its where I've bought all of my Sbish.
Are you from Bozeman? I'm in Missoula

Last edited by bigmamakelsey; 10-31-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Closed Thread