Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #11
FL Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hello everyone.. need advice!

I don't currently use cloth (boys are 7 & 9), but I am also due in August and decided to go super simple this time. I knew I wanted to just do prefolds, but I had to research covers. I settled on Econobums and Flips as they are reasonably priced, one-size, and had great reviews. I also still have wool covers left over from years ago that I plan on using.

Advertisement

FL Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #12
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621

I have three and I only have one in dipes right now. I probably need to pick up another one just to be on the safe side. I know when DD and DS were both in dipes I was washing a min. of every other day....on occasion it was every day. It wasn't because my stash wasn't big enough to handle it....my diaper pails would fill up THAT quick. Sometimes I had one pail liner full of dirty dipes in the laundry room waiting for another load of regular clothes to come out of the washer, another one in the dryer (in a load of dipes) getting ready to use, and the third one IN the pail catching what was getting dirty at the moment. That only happened though if both kids had shots and had "side effects" from them if you kwim.
My DS (almost 2) is a super pooper who regularly goes 2-3 times a day and he is a HW. So we still go through a ton of diapers. Between that and a limited number of nb diapers, I suspect I may be washing every day at times after the baby gets here. I have 2 dozen preemie pfs, 2 dozen nb pfs and a dozen infant pfs plus 7-8 covers. I am picky about only liking pfs that actually fit, though (or I was with DS since he pooped 12-15 times a day as a nb and I hated running out of covers. We also have 12 nb Simplex though, so we should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote