Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
NovemberRain
Registered Users

Question Cloth wipes holder for daycare?

My son is 20 months and starting daycare next week so I can look for a job. I have already ok'ed the cloth diapers with them (BG 4.0 pockets) but I'm struggling to figure out if I should send cloth wipes or disposables. I feel bad that I might be inconveniencing them as it is with the cloth diapers, I don't want to throw in some awkward cloth wipe holder situation as well. I use a repurposed sposie wipe container at home, but I'm not sure what would make a good convenient holder for the girls at the daycare center to use. I have a travel wipes case that I use in the diaper bag for short trips, but that will hold maybe 5 cloth wipes tops.

Any advice?

Advertisement

NovemberRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
cuddlebunny_24
Registered Users

I use an old disposable wipe case in each of the boys' rooms at day care. The teachers do not seem to mind.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
Mom for twinkies
Registered Users
seller

A disposable wipes container. You can write their name on it and not be broken hearted if something happens to it.
Mom for twinkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
teacherpippi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth wipes holder for daycare?

Cloth wipes in a disposable container- dry. Send along an alcohol dispenser filled with your wipes solution or water (I just use water).
teacherpippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #5
NovemberRain
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherpippi View Post
Cloth wipes in a disposable container- dry. Send along an alcohol dispenser filled with your wipes solution or water (I just use water).
Thanks! Just when I think I had seen everything there is to buy on Amazon...lol

Anyway, my concern with the sposie wipe container is that if I send them wet they could get moldy smelling after a couple days, but if I send them dry and have a separate container for wipe solution or water it might cause them to have to take longer to change him and I am worried about putting them out, ya know?

I have even thought about buying some 4.0's with velcro to send along to the daycare instead of the snap closure ones I already have in order to make it easier for them, but if I buy any more diapers I think my husband will kill me...lol.

Ugh...I am just one of those people who is always worried about people thinking I'm being a PITA...lol

Old 07-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AT my last place I just sent in a pile of dry wipes and a spray bottle. One of the girls used the spray bottle, the other used the sink (I approved either). In a previous place I sent in a wipes container. This place it didn't make since with the setup they had. I sent in the cheap thin wash cloths as wipes. You can fit quite a few in a travel wipes container.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:17 AM   #7
Covergirl
Registered Users
seller

I sent them in a sposie wipes box. They were filled with a wipes solution made with distilled water to prevent mold. The solution also included grape seed extract, a preservative (which also helps prevent yeast rashes).
Covergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #8
NovemberRain
Registered Users

Thank you guys so much! I think I am gonna send in the cloth wipes in a sposie wipe container premoistened in a solution that inhibits mold and bacteria growth and see how that goes first.