Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #41
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: "Natural" mama thread?

5w won't turn a baby. you will need to do tilts or chiropractic adjustment. pulsatilla CAN help. I like mamas to start doing things to get baby to move by 32 weeks. after that babies like to stay, cause they are so big. (but I also know of babies who have turned in labor...)

as far as ordering in canada, I don't know who would carry- you googled it right? I suppose I could get it for you and ship it~ I have a store right down the road that sells it
I think its $25 for a bottle that lasts about 4 weeks.

Advertisement

homebirthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #42
spears_family
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
5w won't turn a baby. you will need to do tilts or chiropractic adjustment. pulsatilla CAN help. I like mamas to start doing things to get baby to move by 32 weeks. after that babies like to stay, cause they are so big. (but I also know of babies who have turned in labor...)

as far as ordering in canada, I don't know who would carry- you googled it right? I suppose I could get it for you and ship it~ I have a store right down the road that sells it
What kind of tilts? Just pelvic tilts, or something more complicated? Is there a book or website that has pictures? Maybe a you tube video? I am pretty uncoordinated, my DH always jokes with me that I look like the alien in the Edgar suit from Men in Black.(Workout video are hilarious with me around.) Pics would help me a lot. I wonder if just any Chiropractor would work? Or like a kneisiologist one? (Not sure if that's how you spell it.)
Julia:-)
spears_family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:43 AM   #43
craftmuffin
Registered Users

Hello, ladies!

I'm intrigued by the 5w supplement! My CNM with my first baby recommended tinctures of black and blue cohoshes and birthroot. She also had me take EPO and rrl tea. I had a nice labor, but I didn't repeat the herbal regimen (other than rrl and epo) with my second. However, I like the idea of some herbal support and 5w looks like a nice blend. I should take it for the last 4-5 weeks, is that right?

My second labor was great but scary fast. I wondered if the epo could have contributed?? Maybe I should skip it this time? It would seem that my body doesn't have any trouble softening and opening when the time is right, lol.

Anyway, it's so nice to "meet" you all and get your perspectives. I'm natural in the sense that I like to avoid meds and interventions when at all possible -- but I don't have a lot of knowledge about natural remedies and proactive things I can do. I'm excited to learn more!

-Jena-

EDD: 8/10/10

Crafty stay-at-home mom to Josie (3), Amelia (2), and another little sister on the way (8/10/10)!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36** 40
craftmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:49 AM   #44
RochelleS
Registered Users
Formerly: shae
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spears_family View Post
What kind of tilts? Just pelvic tilts, or something more complicated? Is there a book or website that has pictures? Maybe a you tube video?
http://www.spinningbabies.com !!!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 07:20 PM   #45
spears_family
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RochelleS View Post
Sweet! Thanks so much! Never heard of that before! Julia :-)
spears_family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:58 PM   #46
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spears_family View Post
What kind of tilts? Just pelvic tilts, or something more complicated? Is there a book or website that has pictures?
Julia:-)
put your back on floor and bend legs, raise hips up. have pillows near to keep hips up for 15 minutes 3 x a day or till you feel kicks ABOVE belly button, which means baby has turned.
homebirthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:33 PM   #47
Sageac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

good info on the tilts!

I just found this and wanted to share: http://www.naturalchild.org/guest/jack_newman2.html looked like a lot of good info.

Minimal, Communal, Earthy, Crafty Loving Single-Mama to C E : R and baby D
Sageac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #48
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am due in July. I will probably be late July. I am going to take the Gentle Birthing herbal supplement.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:44 AM   #49
DelishNaturals
Registered Users
Formerly: kclark
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post

Awesome! I see my m/w in about 2 weeks, and she'd like me to send her the ingredients, so I will and once I get the OK from her, I'll send you pp!
[B]Busy WAHM and working 2 jobs mama too! DD Mikaela,completely addicted to , totally in with my husband Terry with miracle baby #2 08/26/10, hoping for VBAC.
ISO: anything hippy pippy, S gn wool, yarn, how to knit advice.
Check out my new Hyenacart for baby and family body care!!! http://www.hyenacart.com/delishnaturals
DelishNaturals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:39 PM   #50
Sageac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi again everyone...
Doing ok here. Just wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced anxiety this time round? I'm not sure if its the heat, exhaustion, normal pregancy stuff, or something i should be concerned with. My BP seems normal and BS was around 125 (which I think is normal) but i just don't feel "right" and that has me a little anxious. lo is moving around quite a lot... and all seems well, so I suppose we will all be fine... just wondering what others might think?
Be well,
Sage

Minimal, Communal, Earthy, Crafty Loving Single-Mama to C E : R and baby D
Sageac is offline   Reply With Quote