Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2018, 11:14 AM   #281
BusyPAMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: New Year’s Budget/Debt Free/Financial Goals Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
DH has been working a lot of overtime which means we have been able to put more than usual towards the emergency fund. We only have $1,500 left to go!

Has anyone been through a budgeting class or use a curriculum or program of some sort? There is a big need for budgeting skills within the families in our church, and DH and I are thinking about teaching a class. Not sure where to start. I know there is financial peace university, but it looks like over $100 per family which is going to eliminate some of the people who need it the most.
Wow, that's fantastic!

My small city has a financial non profit that offers free finance and budgeting classes to the community. The classes are staffed by volunteers from the banking/finance industry. If you a near an urban area that has more agencies/resources I wonder whether there might be a similar agency looking for volunteers to teach classes or serve as financial coaches?

Advertisement

Old 06-24-2018, 02:36 PM   #282
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

So I'm updating on my BJs membership.

I would prefer Costco but I won't join unless there is an amazing deal or sale on membership and the one near me is insane. BJs is right off the exit so I can avoid traffic and just run in quickly and there are never huge mobs.

I keep getting emails for $5 off $50 and other mailed coupons so it turns out to be like grocery store sale prices and in some cases less. I got $25 in coupons off my order using only their coupons the last time I was there.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:14 PM   #283
abh5e8
Registered Users

June is three paycheck month!!! So I'm trying really hard to sick to the budget and put all the extras into the replace the suburban fund. Whomp whomp. So not fun, but I know it won't last forever. 200k isn't really that many miles, not is it? 🤣