Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 01:47 AM   #1
chippybug10's Avatar
chippybug10
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,747
Knitters + Hookers + Dyers + Spinners WIP 12/9

I wasn't going to start a thread so darn early in the morning, but I need to spill to someone and I'm comfortable sharing with you ladies.

So, we found out last night this baby is a girl, absolutely nothing between the legs definitely a girly baby in there. I'm an incredible mess of emotions right now, and then I think about the thoughts/opinions I have and it makes me feel like even more of a piece of ****. I don't know any females in my life, amongst all my family, that have functional relationships with their mothers/other females. It's all just antagonizing and dislike. I have a crap relationship with my mother and my sister. I can't relate to girls, I hate pink stuff, and I can't bear the thought of having a daughter.

But I'm so thankful to be preggo and to be having another baby, I want DS to have a sibling and I want a big, happy family. I want this baby, just not the sex it is Then I start to think about how wrong the feelings I'm having are, and that just plunges me even deeper into horrible thoughts. I've never felt so emotionally out of control....I don't know how to deal with this.

I hope I don't offend anyone sharing this, I really don't mean to. Please don't think I'm a terrible person, just a really screwed up one (courtesy of my mother).

Advertisement

__________________
Lauren, partner in crime to C, mama to N (11/09) and C (4/11)
chippybug10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:11 AM   #2
bodiejake's Avatar
bodiejake
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Granite Falls, NC
Posts: 12,386
My Mood:
Re: Knitters + Hookers + Dyers + Spinners WIP 12/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippybug10 View Post
I wasn't going to start a thread so darn early in the morning, but I need to spill to someone and I'm comfortable sharing with you ladies.

So, we found out last night this baby is a girl, absolutely nothing between the legs definitely a girly baby in there. I'm an incredible mess of emotions right now, and then I think about the thoughts/opinions I have and it makes me feel like even more of a piece of ****. I don't know any females in my life, amongst all my family, that have functional relationships with their mothers/other females. It's all just antagonizing and dislike. I have a crap relationship with my mother and my sister. I can't relate to girls, I hate pink stuff, and I can't bear the thought of having a daughter.

But I'm so thankful to be preggo and to be having another baby, I want DS to have a sibling and I want a big, happy family. I want this baby, just not the sex it is Then I start to think about how wrong the feelings I'm having are, and that just plunges me even deeper into horrible thoughts. I've never felt so emotionally out of control....I don't know how to deal with this.

I hope I don't offend anyone sharing this, I really don't mean to. Please don't think I'm a terrible person, just a really screwed up one (courtesy of my mother).
this is your chance to change that though. You can have the type of relationship with your daughter that you always wanted with your mom. I am sure you will do awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippybug10 View Post
Wow Heather, that's just beautiful yarn! I would say make LS longies, because I think that colorway would be great as LS, but I'm not sure if bulky works well in LS or if you're making longies for a spring bean. When do you find out the sex? It looks pretty GN to me...
I think it is pretty GN. I am not sure I want to venture into LS with bulky. This it would be too thick?
__________________
Heather
bodiejake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:29 AM   #3
iheartruiner's Avatar
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 12,424
My Mood:
Re: Knitters + Hookers + Dyers + Spinners WIP 12/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippybug10 View Post
I wasn't going to start a thread so darn early in the morning, but I need to spill to someone and I'm comfortable sharing with you ladies.

So, we found out last night this baby is a girl, absolutely nothing between the legs definitely a girly baby in there. I'm an incredible mess of emotions right now, and then I think about the thoughts/opinions I have and it makes me feel like even more of a piece of ****. I don't know any females in my life, amongst all my family, that have functional relationships with their mothers/other females. It's all just antagonizing and dislike. I have a crap relationship with my mother and my sister. I can't relate to girls, I hate pink stuff, and I can't bear the thought of having a daughter.

But I'm so thankful to be preggo and to be having another baby, I want DS to have a sibling and I want a big, happy family. I want this baby, just not the sex it is Then I start to think about how wrong the feelings I'm having are, and that just plunges me even deeper into horrible thoughts. I've never felt so emotionally out of control....I don't know how to deal with this.

I hope I don't offend anyone sharing this, I really don't mean to. Please don't think I'm a terrible person, just a really screwed up one (courtesy of my mother).
Oh Lauren, I'm so sorry you have these feelings. My mom is also another one who's, well, lets just say a good woman, terrible mother (at the least). I have a bunch of mommy issues myself, and I strive heavily NOT to have the same relationship or be the person she is with my own family. DH praises me on a constant basis for being so normal in comparison. Anyhow, You're going to be fine. I know that seems easy for me to say since I'm having a boy again, but I did want a girl. I didn't know till I was told it was a boy and I felt some disappointment for a while and I still do, but I know that my son is really going to love his baby brodder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiejake View Post
heading to bed right now, but have a question. This is next up in the stash to be knit for the bean. I don't have trim. What does it want to be?

http://www.ravelry.com/people/bodiej...ed-leicester-2
YUM. Do you have short coveralls? I'd do that, personally, otherwise, if it's too hot in the summer for those there, why not some ~6mo sized regular longies? You can do aran bfl for trim on that - I've done it.
__________________
Myla mama to E (9.22.05) & L (4/20/11), wife to E
◘ one custom available! pm me! ◘


GalleryBlogFan Page!
iheartruiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:30 AM   #4
iheartruiner's Avatar
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 12,424
My Mood:
Re: Knitters + Hookers + Dyers + Spinners WIP 12/9

AFM -

The coveralls pooling is now bothering me. I don't really want to alternate the body, but the larger chunks of color is irritating. Any suggestions? I'm meeting gauge at 4˝spi/8s.
__________________
Myla mama to E (9.22.05) & L (4/20/11), wife to E
◘ one custom available! pm me! ◘


GalleryBlogFan Page!
iheartruiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:35 AM   #5
kareybear's Avatar
kareybear
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,465
My Mood:
Re: Knitters + Hookers + Dyers + Spinners WIP 12/9

Lauren[QUOTE=bodiejake;11812606]this is your chance to change that though. You can have the type of relationship with your daughter that you always wanted with your mom. I am sure you will do awesome!!
I totally understand your fears which is very exceptable and normal. You wouldn't be a good mom if you didn't think that way. Look at your son now and your love is going to grow more than anything with your baby girl... You did a wonderful job raising your son why would you stop now...
You will be awesome mom and a even better mom then your mom.:hug:
On a side note
CONGRATULATIONS FOR A BABY GIRL
I am so excited for you.... It is gonna be fun to knit girlie clothes... I was not a pink person just purple over here. I also did turqouise trim as well... I never did ruffles until now... I have three girls.
__________________
Karey who 3 beautiful girls Kaitlin ,Piper Aiobheann and furbaby I to
kareybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:39 AM   #6
kareybear's Avatar
kareybear
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,465
My Mood:
Re: Knitters + Hookers + Dyers + Spinners WIP 12/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartruiner View Post
AFM -

The coveralls pooling is now bothering me. I don't really want to alternate the body, but the larger chunks of color is irritating. Any suggestions? I'm meeting gauge at 4˝spi/8s.
Your other option is to size up the needle or down but I don't think you want to frog.

Try knitting ever two rows with the other end of yarn as well.... try to make sure you start the other yarn were it looks like it doesn't end up with the same colors. It is hard but it can be done
__________________
Karey who 3 beautiful girls Kaitlin ,Piper Aiobheann and furbaby I to
kareybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:41 AM   #7
iheartruiner's Avatar
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 12,424
My Mood:
Re: Knitters + Hookers + Dyers + Spinners WIP 12/9

If I go up to a size 9, it's going to get worse. The yarn has longer repeats, so I don't want to add the dreaded the 80st which will pool horrendously. I don't mind frogging, so I guess I'll just try that on the 8s - I was just in denial.
__________________
Myla mama to E (9.22.05) & L (4/20/11), wife to E
◘ one custom available! pm me! ◘


GalleryBlogFan Page!
iheartruiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:48 AM   #8
starsandlollipops's Avatar
starsandlollipops
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ft. Bragg, NC
Posts: 7,037
My Mood:
Re: Knitters + Hookers + Dyers + Spinners WIP 12/9

Lauren I sent you a pm

Myla ~ Do you have any solids? What if you did like 2-4 rows of colorway and a row or two of solid, or you could just alternate colorway Maybe 8's will be better though.. (let me know )

Heather, what about a big squishy sleep sack/gown or baby blanket? That bulky bfl is going to be niice!
__________________
Lauren ~ Mama to a sweet princess a darling prince a little potato and another bundle coming soon!
ISO: XS WCW & Sbish Longies + ODC Loops xs/s/m (euc)
starsandlollipops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:55 AM   #9
iheartruiner's Avatar
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 12,424
My Mood:
Re: Knitters + Hookers + Dyers + Spinners WIP 12/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsandlollipops View Post
Lauren I sent you a pm

Myla ~ Do you have any solids? What if you did like 2-4 rows of colorway and a row or two of solid, or you could just alternate colorway Maybe 8's will be better though.. (let me know )

Heather, what about a big squishy sleep sack/gown or baby blanket? That bulky bfl is going to be niice!
L, it's on 8's already, which is what the pattern calls for. I only have the brown for trim, nothing else. Kim and I did an even trade, yfw swap, really, so all I had was enough for the 2sk + 2oz trim.

Looks like I'll just frog it and alternate. Should I do it with the same skein or wind the other one and do it from both?
__________________
Myla mama to E (9.22.05) & L (4/20/11), wife to E
◘ one custom available! pm me! ◘


GalleryBlogFan Page!
iheartruiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:55 AM   #10
iheartruiner's Avatar
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 12,424
My Mood:
Re: Knitters + Hookers + Dyers + Spinners WIP 12/9

P.S. anyone willing to buy this for me will be greatly appreciated.

http://hyenacart.com/DiscoBabyKnits/...in-Meadow-4-oz
__________________
Myla mama to E (9.22.05) & L (4/20/11), wife to E
◘ one custom available! pm me! ◘


GalleryBlogFan Page!
iheartruiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright © 2005 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC. All Rights Reserved.