Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2016, 06:51 PM   #1
gabby's mom
Registered Users
seller

Boy AIOs

I will be cloth diapering my first boy come December! Sadly, I did not find cloth diapering until my second child, a girl, and my third was also a girl. I could not control myself with the super cute girly diapers and have very few gender neutral diapers. Thus, I will be largely destashing and starting over. Fortunately, most of my flats and covers I'm ok with, but the AIOs will have to go. Since that is what my childcare provider and DH use primarily, that's a large portion of my stash! Since I am starting over, I thought I would reach out to see if there is an AIO that you moms and dads love specifically for your boys. Personally, I'm a lover of Bottombumpers and Funky Fluff for my LO still in diapers. I would love to stay organic if possible, but natural fibers at the least. Maybe Grovia?

I have historically used newborn diapers and then used one-size, however, I am worried that I may need to use sized with this one, solely based on the fact that my previous son was SO BIG. He was four ounces shy of 30 pounds at 12 months and insanely tall. So, I may just go straight for sized this time around... just assuming that he is going to be big like his brother.

Advertisement

Old 06-26-2016, 08:29 PM   #2
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
We love the discontinued Bg sized aios

Second to those are nana bottoms aios.

And then we use Bg freetimes for bedtime
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:41 PM   #3
carverjill
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Re: Boy AIOs

Check out Smart Bottoms AIO - they are organic and fit bigger kids very well just be ready, they are pricey. They are one of the brands that come out with exclusive prints at different diaper retailers and if you find those the number of cute, boyish prints probably triples. There is a great FB page for them if you are on FB. Another good organic AIO option is blueberry - not all their AIO's are organic but many came in organic. The used market for then has recently tanked so you can get some great deals.

Last edited by carverjill; 06-26-2016 at 10:43 PM.
carverjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:37 PM   #4
gabby's mom
Registered Users
seller

Thanks Ladies!
Old 06-27-2016, 12:45 PM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

nothing really comes in sized anymore. Simplex AIO have been really popular and they have cute covers.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:52 PM   #6
thoughtfulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s
nothing really comes in sized anymore. Simplex AIO have been really popular and they have cute covers.
Nothing main stream really does besides bottom bumpers and blueberry simplex, I have both and love them! You can find great WAHM shops on Etsy that sell sized AIOs, bugga bugga boutique and bijou baby gear, again have both and love them! Both will also customize anything for you, so may come in handy with a big kiddo!
There's also peachy green baby and rainshine designs that both sell sized AIOs as well! Google them all for more info!
Old 06-28-2016, 09:22 AM   #7
EvangeKing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am selling some smart bottoms 3.1s! some boy prints
EvangeKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:28 PM   #8
gabby's mom
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the input ladies. I actually stumbled upon a good sale for some Happy Heinys Organic AIOs so I bought two because I have heard that they run big. Holy cow they do! I tried them on my 40 pound four year old last night and they easily fit. I know that a chubby 2 year old and a 4 year old have different shapes, but still, there was tons of room on her in the waist. They fit my 30 pound 2 year old as well, with one of the rise snaps snapped down. I think I may have found my solution... I might go ahead and do mediums after the newborn phase and then use these as large/extra larges if he is the same size as his brother and needs them.

Hilarious that I am planning diapering 2 years out, but I'm obsessed!