Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #11
torrancemom
Registered Users
seller

Re: 15 months Ready to potty train?

Thank you so much for the note. I tried again tonight, this time with lots of books and she sat there the whole time. No business though, she sits with her knees up and her feet on the regular seat, so I'm thinking maybe her inside muscles are not relaxed? She'll have great Kegel's!

I'm going to try the Bjorn potty and thanks for recommending the two piece one. That might just be a better position for her. We have one bathroom, it doesn't have a whole lot of extra room so we'll stick with the small one. Thank you again for the encouragement...

Advertisement

torrancemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:47 PM   #12
pcjs
Registered Users

It is really time consuming doing it several times a day although wrestling my son with diaper changes was no fun, so this is easier. I would probably try the potty seat - I so wanted to put my son on the regular potty too but he looked pretty unhappy so I put him on the bjorn and he was happy again - he likes pointing to the little bear on it for some reason. I just like the bjorn as we have a small bathroom sink and I can plop everything in the toilet and then squirt some soap in the bowl and wash it easily. Its the one most people recommend on here, which is how I picked it.

Our favorite toy right now is the Leap Frog Text and Learn and the Vtech version of it too. It says age 3 and up but my son has figured the thing out and loves it and it keeps him entertained for the longest time. We also have the Leap Frog Text and something phone (I'm blanking) - that one is numbers and the text and learn is letters. You could get one of those as a bribe to sit on the toilet. I got one of each brand (I got sick of the leap frog/scout so I got the vtech) - one we keep in the crib and one I keep in the diaper bag for going out. I don't like my son playing on the ipod but my husband has gotten him on the potty that way early on a few times. What ever you can do. Its super cute when you see them "reading" a book. Target also has some small thin books in their dollar section that are easy for kids to hold. I got some at 75% off that are nice as he can hold them better on the potty.

Just keep trying once a day. It didn't come at first with us but we started 11-12 months and at 15 we went full force one day and he just took to it no problem. I never expected the pooping till he was peeing and I heard the grunting starting. Now when he looks like he needs to poop I saw hold on, grab him and he tries to wait and we go on the potty if he waited.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #13
swinega
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter is almost 16 months, and has been showing us some signs she's ready.. My daycare provider also noticed. So 2 questions- what do you suggest for trainers? She said she will only do it if we go right to undies(trainers) no diapers at all. I'm totally fine with that, but I have no idea what I should do for night time!? My kid is a HEAVY sleeper when she is out.. I'm worried about how we'll do that.

Sorry if i hijacked this... but since ya'll have kids the same age I thought you'd be good to ask!

THANKS!!!!