Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
TrammellyFamily
Registered Users
Foremerly: MeadowAndColtsMama
seller

Question Do you do naked PLing? Dh doesn't approve.

Do you? I am Pling ds, he just turned two, is my third child so I have plenty of experience PLing lo's. I am remarried and dh is ANTI nudity, like if ds goes potty and is in a diaper, he will automatically tell him to get some pants. I don't want to make him feel uncomfortable but ds PLing is very important too, and I want it stressfree for my lo. Any suggestions? Also we are having our carpets replaced with laminate right now, so easy clean up! I would have made a poll but I don't know how.

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
hminor11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Do you do naked PLing? Dh doesn't approve.

We do!! I love naked PLing My son did so well with it. We are still a work in progress but he went from one day wearing dipes and had never used the potty to the next day 1 accident in the floor and everything else was in the potty! Maybe your DH would feel a little more comfortable if you let him run around in a longer shirt and some leg warmers. Hope the PLing goes well
hminor11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
txwarblers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

please delete

Last edited by txwarblers; 05-03-2011 at 04:52 PM. Reason: security reasons
txwarblers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:

We do pantless PLing here. He wears an insulin pump pouch so it sort of looks like a loin cloth covering his genitals. I tried baby legs but he hates them and screams to take them off. The hubs isn't anit-nakey but he is not a big fan either so when he is around I keep the shirt on him. Good luck Mama.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:23 PM   #5
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thats how both of my kids pl'd so early and really on their own, with no pushing from me. I'd say just put a shirt and babylegs on him. Maybe ask DH if he prefers your son wear a skirt???
ES list IDDDSO Gira Diamonds & Stripes ringsling
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:52 PM   #6
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrammellyFamily View Post
Do you? I am Pling ds, he just turned two, is my third child so I have plenty of experience PLing lo's. I am remarried and dh is ANTI nudity, like if ds goes potty and is in a diaper, he will automatically tell him to get some pants. I don't want to make him feel uncomfortable but ds PLing is very important too, and I want it stressfree for my lo. Any suggestions? Also we are having our carpets replaced with laminate right now, so easy clean up! I would have made a poll but I don't know how.
Yes, it is easy clean up AS LONG as you know it happened. They can warp with wetness if you don't catch it. I feel like I am constantly chasing my dd around who is obsessed with being naked, but refuses to actually go on the potty, just in laundry baskets and on my new laminate floors.
Vivhop98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:44 AM   #7
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes we naked pl'd. It was so quick and easy, he tried to get to the potty after only one accident. We are a month in and we still don't do underwear, just pants (undies are hard to pull down for my 24m old). We just wear socks and a shirt, baby legs if its really cold out.

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:20 AM   #8
Rapunzel10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are doing naked PL here! DD is really good at getting to the potty when naked, trainers and even thin little undies make accidents, even with lots of reminding to go. A long shirt is a great idea, and if naked legs bother DH then leg warmers too. But I;ve found the less on the bottom half, the better.
Rapunzel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:23 AM   #9
HLCreations
Registered Users
Formerly: diapermamaagain
seller

My Mood:

It worked like a charm for my older 2 (both were using the potty by 2 and wearing undies by 26 months (that's always a leap for me...going out of the house without a diaper on!)

My 3rd is in the process right now. We don't push the issue, but we let him run around sans bottoms and have a potty on each level!

Sorry DH is a prude. Maybe when he is around you can put a long shirt on baby? Or just explain that you know he doesn't like it, but it works. And when your LO is potty learned he can wear pants just like everyone else....though who am I kidding? My 3 year old still prefers to run around nekkie!