Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Joining the PLing group!

My DD2 decided this week that it's time to PL. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to be doing it but in some ways I'm not up for the challenge.

Background:
With DD1 we did part time EC and she was completely PLed day and night by a month after her 2nd birthday. PLing really entailed simply enforcing timed potty breaks and getting her to understand that the potty was for ALL the time, not just when she was at home.

With DD2 we were not successful with EC as she was a mellow baby and would be awake for 20 minutes before making a peep, so I never managed to catch any pee or poo after waking to solidify the cue system.

DD2 is VERY strong-willed. DD2 does not speak much, but has tested out at above-average understanding of language.

We have a new puppy who, coincidentally, has been diagnosed with Giardia (the parasite that causes a lot of the travel-related diarrhea in humans).

Needless to say, I wanted to postponed PLing until DD2 was communicating better with words, the dog was done with his issues, and DD2 wanted to PL. She needed to be the one to pick the time or she'd be ornery.

So 4 days ago, she decides to start taking diapers off during naps, put on panties, and proceed to eliminate in them while wandering around her bedroom. It's time to PL!

She's very excited to be allowed undies, even if it's only in the tiled kitchen. I swear she spent the entire first two hours pulling down her undies, sitting, standing, pulling up the undies, pulling them down, sitting, etc.

Advertisement

Old 02-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
mommy~to~z&m
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Joining the PLing group!

We just started as well. Like you, I was not expecting to PL this week, but it is a welcome suprise for me. Just want to wish you luck with your DD, and the puppy!
SAHM to Z - 6/06 and M - 3/09, due in August with #3 and wife to G

Follow this link to earn SwagBucks and GET FREE FLUFF!
mommy~to~z&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:47 AM   #3
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Joining the PLing group!

we actually had to reschedule the PLing bec the poor puppy was getting confused and started peeing all over the floor. He would see his litter-mate do it and get praised and didn't get why he'd get in trouble for doing the same thing. As soon as we put DD back in diapers, he stopped peeing indoors. Sigh. Another month or two and I'll try again. I'd rather change diapers than clean up dog pee.