Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2011, 07:42 AM   #1
Rapunzel10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Need some tips and guidance...

Okay, bear with me as this is a long post, but I would really appreciate any advice from those who have been where I am now...

So, we have had a potty for DD for 10 months, used it a bunch when we first got it and had periods of strong interest here and there since then. I was 3 mos pg with DS when we bought it and as I got bigger and less interested in sitting on the floor with DD/running up the stairs to the bathroom to dump the pee, I gave up trying for a while since I figured she would likely regress with the arrival of DS anyway. However I believe she was fully capable of knowing when she was going to poop and making it to the potty, and almost there on pee - just had some trouble holding it in and getting there in time.

DS is now 5 months old and I am about to lose it diapering two of them all day. (EBF poop has also made me realize newly how truly gross 2.5-yr-old poop can be.)

I had been trying to re-interest DD in the potty lately and had been getting very strong refusals. She just didn't want to bother. I found the seat we have to make the real toilet seat smaller so she can sit there by herself and DH was able to get her to sit on it and of course she peed and pooped and was very proud, but would still refuse to try first thing in the morning (when she usually poops).

Two days ago I suggested it again, and to my surprise she was into it. She peed and pooped, and was very happy about it. She didn't demand a diaper, so I let her run around naked waist down all day. I found some stickers to reward her when she went in the potty, and we didn't have one accident all day. Yesterday morning went the same, and then she wanted to wear her princess undies and go outside with DH, and she had two accidents outside (he kept trying to get her to come inside and go but she said she didn't need to, then peed herself), then two more once she got back inside (she was naked).

It seems she is trying to get this done, but needs some help still. I am really into helping her do it, because I am really into not having her diapers during the day any more. But this was all kind of impromptu and we have this we need to go out of the house and do, commitments we can't change, my mom is coming next week, etc. What do I do to help her keep it up, not have too many losses and give up, but not stay home for the next two weeks?

TIA!!

Advertisement

Rapunzel10 is offline   Reply With Quote