Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #101
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Happy Homemakers -- January 2013

Today is kind of non cleaning organizing day so far, and this evening will probably be crafting - I haven't spent time in a couple days on diapers and need to keep my sewing momentum going too, so I will probably set aside a block of time for that. I had to call my midwives about some Rxs, but my cleaning goal for today is *my* bathroom. Our upstairs bathroom is set up really weird, it was an add-on, and the plumbing to the tub doesn't work well so we can't use the tub. I use the toilet and sink though, and like having it setup postpartum for my personal care, since it's across from the main bedroom. I need to scrub it down and organize it, and this weekend I need to buy lightbulbs for it. I have a bunch of haircare type stuff in there I haven't used in years, and may never use again since I have dreads. Time to purge!

Advertisement

Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #102
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

I did laundry and grocery shopping today, but not a ton of cleaning... I did get teh dishwasher unloaded and reloaded and the kitchen swept and mopped though.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #103
justsamma
Registered Users
seller

LOOKIT!

cleaning out the fridge and freezer is someting i have been sitting on for a month or 2 now.
I didn't go as deeply as i wanted because there was food everywhere & DP had just brought groceries in, but i feel better about it.

I've also done 2 loads of dishes, tidied the bathroom, kitchen,dining room & living room.
I have some laundry sorted to get started, the vacuuming is done, litter boxes are cleaned, the floor around the litter box is swept too.

I joined a fb swap group last week so i think now is a good time to go through all the kitchen cupboards and storage closets to get rid of stuff we don't need. DP is "we need to keep this in case we need it for something" person so i should probably get rid of it all while she is asleep. haha

DP agreed to follow a cleaning schedule if i make one so we are both on the same page and know what needs to be done. Now i just need to come up with one and get it up on the fridge.
justsamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #104
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsamma View Post
LOOKIT!

cleaning out the fridge and freezer is someting i have been sitting on for a month or 2 now.
I didn't go as deeply as i wanted because there was food everywhere & DP had just brought groceries in, but i feel better about it.

I've also done 2 loads of dishes, tidied the bathroom, kitchen,dining room & living room.
I have some laundry sorted to get started, the vacuuming is done, litter boxes are cleaned, the floor around the litter box is swept too.

I joined a fb swap group last week so i think now is a good time to go through all the kitchen cupboards and storage closets to get rid of stuff we don't need. DP is "we need to keep this in case we need it for something" person so i should probably get rid of it all while she is asleep. haha

DP agreed to follow a cleaning schedule if i make one so we are both on the same page and know what needs to be done. Now i just need to come up with one and get it up on the fridge.
Looks good! I avoid cleaning my fridge like the plague. And you got so much done! I'm jealous.
Cautiously expecting #4 10/6/16
EmmaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #105
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsamma View Post
LOOKIT!

My DH is the same way - it gets so frustrating!
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #106
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have flipped my laundry twice, and am going to load the dishwasher I just unloaded. My task today for my kitchen purge is to sort through baby feeding accouterments and box up anything he has outgrown (formula mixing pitchers, Baby Brezza and accessories, little bottles, breast pump stuff, etc) and put it in my closet up high for the next baby.

Then, master bathroom. I need new toilet scrub brushes, but it's never something I think to buy when I am out. They don't have that stuff at the markets I go to so I guess I need a special Target or HD trip to get the toilets done.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #107
justsamma
Registered Users
seller

i managed to get the bathroom done too!
half a garbage bag of purging & i promptly put it in the bigger garbage bin so she didn't decide to go through it.

Next i need to get through the storage closets, but that may need to wait until tomorrow.
justsamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #108
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Now DS is just as sick as me. I soaked my dish scrub brush, the toilet brush, and the broom in bleach (not at the same time!). Am I the only one that does this? Dh says it's weird.
Cautiously expecting #4 10/6/16
EmmaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #109
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM
Now DS is just as sick as me. I soaked my dish scrub brush, the toilet brush, and the broom in bleach (not at the same time!). Am I the only one that does this? Dh says it's weird.
I never thought of the dish scrub brush!
I am generally not a big fan of antibacterial chemicals but after someone's been really sick (or to head off it spreading) i wipe everything down with lysol wipes - phones, remotes, computer, ipad, microwave handle, toilet flush levers, doorknobs... I also like to get new toothbrushes. And now I will be sanitizing the kitchen scrub brush and starting a new sponge!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #110
happiness
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hello, i am Nicole, sahm to Lucy 2 and Luke 1 and recently found out we are expecting a 3rd. My biggest problem area is probably deep cleaning in general. I pick up/de-clutter and sweep throughout the day, but I really need to bust out the mop, wipe down/dust more on a regular basis. (My husband is a neat freak, and I need to try to keep it a bit cleaner for him. However, people who come over says are house clean, go figure.)

I can't remember where I read this, but I try to do 1 big chore a day, like laundry, or wipe appliances, bathroom, etc.

My goal this year is to meal plan and have a grocery budget.