Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-09-2017, 07:58 AM   #1
sarahgracesc
Registered Users

Advice/insight/recommendations

Hello! I have an 8 year old and a four month old. I wore my 8 year old in a hand me down ring sling a lot when she was a baby. It was so convenient for the store or the zoo or the farmers market, etc. I also used the Ergo for walks. When they were newborns, I used a Moby wrap. More with my 4 month old than I did with my 8 year old.

I still have the sling and I got a replacement Ergo and Moby, though my giant 4 month old has outgrown the Moby, so I passed it along to a friend who's due in 11 days (!!!).

The sling is not comfortable. But I love th convenience, so I rented a nicer sling for a month from my local baby wearing group, and it's MUCH better. So I definitely plan to purchase a sling.

Aside from the Moby, I've never used a wrap. I'm interested in a woven wrap, and think they're so beautiful, but if I don't have wrap experience and my baby is already 15 pounds and 4 month, is it likely I'll use it and get the hang of it?

I love the ergo, and my abc ssc, but once she's old enough to do back carries, I won't want to use them, as the straps/buckles cut into my very soft (and will never not be soft) belly, which looks so bad I just can't do it. So I'm thinking an onbu. What are people's thoughts and experiences with them? Are they as comfortable and easy to wear (supportive) as SSC? Could I take her hiking in it like I could a SSC?

I really want a sling, wrap, and onbu! I'm pretty priced out with most carriers, but Soul is so affordable that if I sell one of my carriers to make up the cost of at the onbu, my husband is on board. But I don't want to buy something I won't ever use, either. 🤷*♀️

I appreciate all thoughts and insight!!!

Advertisement

Happy to welcome our new edition, Dorothy 2/17

Babywearing, cosleeping, non-vaxing, organic eating, crunchy mama. 🌈💕
sarahgracesc is offline   Reply With Quote