Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2017, 03:03 PM   #1
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Newborn fluff and clothes

We didn't actually start cloth diapering DS2 until around 2 or 3 mos and he was out of newborn clothes by then so do actual newborn clothes fit over newborn cloth?

We use prefolds/covers and have a few NB simplex.

It's going to be the middle of summer so he probably won't wear pants much but should I size up to 3mo shorts from the begining and skip NB?

Advertisement

kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:21 PM   #2
Brinae89
Registered Users
seller

Re: Newborn fluff and clothes

I didn't cloth diaper at the newborn stage either, but I would size up in shorts just because my little fluffy butts always need a little bit bigger pants and they wear prefolds and covers as well. (Or fitted and cover)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brinae89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:37 PM   #3
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinae89 View Post
I didn't cloth diaper at the newborn stage either, but I would size up in shorts just because my little fluffy butts always need a little bit bigger pants and they wear prefolds and covers as well. (Or fitted and cover)

Yeah I think that's my plan. As I'm washing and organizing DS2s old clothes I'm looking at his little nb pants thinking there is no way in heck a fluffy butt fits in these!
kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:41 PM   #4
Brinae89
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
Yeah I think that's my plan. As I'm washing and organizing DS2s old clothes I'm looking at his little nb pants thinking there is no way in heck a fluffy butt fits in these!

Haha. Right! half the time I just put my six month old in a t-shirt and his diaper. Looks cute to me.(:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brinae89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:34 AM   #5
Braesmama
Registered Users

With my first, we used fitteds with wool covers and NB clothes did fit, altho we mostly used knitted fabrics. Prefolds are bulkier thougg so I personally would size up any shorts that aren't stretchy
Braesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:40 PM   #6
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

We mostly did one-piece outfit s and they fit over fluff just fine. Fat, but fit. I don't ever know what to do with the waistband on shorts on such little guys. Over the diaper? They curl their legs up and I didnt mess with shorts
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:58 PM   #7
paulwhit
Registered Users
seller

My 7lbs girl's nb clothes fit over cloth (prefolds with cover, or fitted with cover). She just looks like she has junk in her trunk. I think it's cute
paulwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:36 PM   #8
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I always used lots of rompers but my kids were also winter babies. the nurses put a 6m T on my first after he was born, he skipped NB entirely anyway. Second wore newborn for a week, just enough time for me to wash everything (once I realized she would actually fit NB - then it was gone).
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! 2T Nght Fitted Trainer, XL Wool Soaker, Baby Wearing
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:18 AM   #9
owlyce
Registered Users

all 3 of mine were large newborns so they didn't fit in to nb clothes anyways. My wife is having the next one and she was a little nb so we're expecting this one too be little too. so we'll see if cloth even works
owlyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:37 AM   #10
MamaLlama
Registered Users

I bought a bunch of tee shirts this time so I don't have to worry about snapping around the diaper. The plan is to put baby in a tee shirt and diaper (with or without cover) and call it good. Winter will be a different story, but I'm thinking longies or stretchy pants or sizing up will work. I think shorts/pants are more necessary over disposables, personally.

Owlyce - look up cloth diapers for tiny babies, there are options that should fit. Probably not one-size options, but there are lots of newborn diapers available, and some fit smaller than others.