Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2017, 02:28 PM   #1
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Review my NB stash please

So I didn't start cloth diapering my 1st until around 2 months and I started with GMD small prefolds and OS covers. This time I anticipate cloth diapering from day 1.

Is this enough?

28 NB GMD prefolds (orange edge)
8 NB Simplex AIOs
2 NB GMD workhorses
3 X Small Sandies
2 X Small Thirsties covers
4 Duo 1 Thirsties covers
2 Mini Coveralls
1 NB Nickis pull on cover
1 small Nickis pull on cover
and a handful of preemie prefolds I got at a consignment sale on accident but could use as doublers or possibly trifolded.

I'll have 2 in cloth so I will be doing laundry at least every 3 days if not every 2.

With Earth Day sales coming I want to make sure I top off my stash with anything I may need still.

Thanks!

Advertisement

kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:01 PM   #2
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Review my NB stash please

I think that looks great! I've only ever used prefolds on newborns though (that's all I could afford at the time) so anything fancier than that looks like luxury to me :-) I have managed to CD a newborn with 12 preemie prefolds (my babies are not tiny so I just used two at once, and only when I was out of the others) and 18 infant prefolds, plus four proraps covers and some wool. It can be done. But I think your stash looks really good to get you started, and much more flexible. And if you're washing every couple of days it should be fine, I would think. Make sure you have plenty of wipes and you should be good. You can cut up a t-shirt and put a square of it inside the diaper to prevent meconium staining if you want. I seem to remember doing that. It's been a while. :-)

I am getting ready to have a baby in July and my new baby stash will consist of those same 12 preemie prefolds, 13 infant prefolds, 15 small Sandys (Sandies?), and some motherease airflow covers (plus the proraps but they are not so nice for AZ in the summer so I don't plan on using them much). It seems like a lot to me. Maybe others who aren't so minimalist will have different opinions, but that's my two cents! Good luck!

Anna
MamaLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:06 PM   #3
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks! My current stash for my 15 mo is only 15 prefolds with covers and a handful of pockets for naps/nighttime. So I do have that minimalist mindset a little but I bought 80% of this newborn stash off of here so I also wanted to try a few things I hadn't tried before.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:59 PM   #4
Lindobebe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 3rd baby is due in Sept and I plan to cloth diaper from the start with my first two I wanted till they where a bit older. One thing I really liked was my Moms idea to cut up old sheets or t shirts into liners it holds the poo nicely once baby starts eating soilds and I would just throw that away, so much easier and saves diaper stains great for any age
Old 05-09-2017, 02:05 PM   #5
Lindobebe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lil helpers ca stay dry bamboo liners are a must the poo just rolls off them the BEST liners ever
Old 05-10-2017, 08:01 AM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

I think you should stick with that. Good Luck with your 2nd LO
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:12 PM   #7
jemkills
Registered Users

This looks like a ton to me. I think I had 5-6 aio type 6nb covers and a jillion prefolds
jemkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:43 AM   #8
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

How are you liking your stash K?
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:22 AM   #9
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It is working out really well. The AIOs I only use in the diaper bags and for going out. I hardly ever touch the Sandies or Nickis pull on covers..the small I still haven't even tried on him. He definitely soaks through the prefolds but no leaks. I thought about breaking out my OS GMD flats on him to see how they fit.