Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2018, 01:22 PM   #141
prittyditty
Registered Users

Re: If you could start from scratch...

Our baby hasn't arrived yet (induction on Saturday) and I already regret buying Alva pocket diapers. I have them all in the packaging still and hope to sell them. After months of building a stash- I learned that fitted and covers were way better. Buyers remorse for the Alvas. Wish I could go back and save the $180+ spent on 36 OS pocket Alvas. I'm also stuck with 72 MF inserts which I have learned aren't great and cause compression leaks.

Advertisement

prittyditty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:00 PM   #142
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

I'd at least try a couple of the Alvas before you get rid of them all. I love my pockets - I feel like fitteds take a long time to dry. I like them for nights, but not for days. I also haven't had problems with my MF inserts, but you could always use them until you do have problems and then buy upgrades. In any case, MF inserts are cheap, so you can use them a while and toss them if you hate them. I used mine for over a year before switching to undies and never had stinks or stains or leaks. I think a lot depends on your wash cycle/routine, water, and maybe on your kids pee. I wouldn't get rid of them until you've diapered your babe for a while and have a better feel for what you like.

Also, pockets (if they're pre-stuffed, which is what I do with mine) go on a squirmy toddler or baby faster than flats/prefolds/fitteds plus cover. I'm doing flats and wool with my toddler for bed right now and he always wants to get up and leave when I'm about halfway through. I always have to tell him this kind takes a little longer and also I'm just slow with the snappi.
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:33 AM   #143
prittyditty
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
I'd at least try a couple of the Alvas before you get rid of them all. I love my pockets - I feel like fitteds take a long time to dry. I like them for nights, but not for days. I also haven't had problems with my MF inserts, but you could always use them until you do have problems and then buy upgrades. In any case, MF inserts are cheap, so you can use them a while and toss them if you hate them. I used mine for over a year before switching to undies and never had stinks or stains or leaks. I think a lot depends on your wash cycle/routine, water, and maybe on your kids pee. I wouldn't get rid of them until you've diapered your babe for a while and have a better feel for what you like.

Also, pockets (if they're pre-stuffed, which is what I do with mine) go on a squirmy toddler or baby faster than flats/prefolds/fitteds plus cover. I'm doing flats and wool with my toddler for bed right now and he always wants to get up and leave when I'm about halfway through. I always have to tell him this kind takes a little longer and also I'm just slow with the snappi.
Thanks so much for this. I guess I will hold on to the Alvas for now and wait and see. It makes sense that the pockets are easier to put on an older/squirmy baby. Love this forum and all the helpful advice I am getting. Much appreciation.
prittyditty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:18 PM   #144
CaliforniaGirl
Registered Users

I love my osocozy prefolds--I've used them for two kids so far and they're holding up like a champ! I tried Thirsties covers but hated them because they leaked after a few months. Ended up buying Rumparooz covers instead and love them--they're thicker PUL and I've used them for two kids so far. FYI, if you're having trouble with rashes, try stripping your diapers.
CaliforniaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:17 AM   #145
cristaal
Registered Users

I would probably do covers and prefolds instead of pockets I am so over stuffing them it takes so much time for me maybe I'm just lazy? LOL but I do love all the designs that are so so cute
cristaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:16 PM   #146
Sallystardust
Registered Users

So far with or six week old, we're having some issues w/with the Alva Baby pockets leaking Plus we're trying covers with two prefolds where poop is getting on the cover every time plus sometimes leaking, too
Sallystardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 09:26 PM   #147
rachi882
Registered Users
seller

My baby is 11 weeks and my favorites were the newborn Blueberry Simplex! They fit to 12 lb. She outgrew the rise, not the absorbancy and we still had several rows of snaps to go. We hated prefolds and covers. They were so bulky and awkward on a newborn. My baby was 7 lb 6 oz at birth. We tried GMD newborn and small prefolds. I kept adding Simplex to my stash until I had several dozen. Best fit, trim, absorbent and no blowouts. I used some fitteds and wool as well. Better than prefolds, but Simplex were my favorites.

Last edited by rachi882; 04-23-2018 at 09:29 PM.
rachi882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:54 PM   #148
every.tribe78
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would wait and try out what you bought. You never know what you will love! Good luck, mama!
every.tribe78 is offline   Reply With Quote