Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-18-2011, 05:53 AM   #11
kts1120
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Any teachers in here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskira View Post
I'm a teacher. I'm not worried about the kids since I teach elementary life skills (special ed) so they really have no clue that I'm even pregnant. But there are 6 assistants in my classroom who know what's going on. Luckily I'm close enough to them that I won't be freaked out with embarrassment AND they'll be able to help.

What does worry me is.... the janitor. He's a grouch when I call him to come clean up urine or vomit in my classroom. I can't imagine his reaction if I call him to come clean up my amniotic fluid.

I've decided just to not worry too much. I'm working until April 21 and my due date is the 26 and this is my 2nd. So there is a real chance that I could go into labor at work or have my water break.
LOL about the janitor. I hadn't thought about explaining that one!

Advertisement

kts1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:09 AM   #12
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Go to the March 2011 thread and read my birth story...I almost had my baby at school yesterday. Luckily, I had some pretty nice 8th graders who were really good...

http://diaperswappers.com/forum/show....php?t=1179000
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #13
kts1120
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
Go to the March 2011 thread and read my birth story...I almost had my baby at school yesterday. Luckily, I had some pretty nice 8th graders who were really good...

http://diaperswappers.com/forum/show....php?t=1179000
Wow, mama! Thank goodness you made it in time! Thanks for sharing.

My delivery with DD was extremely short, so that's something else I need to think about. Luckily my school is very close to my hospital. Congratulations on your newbie!
kts1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #14
runningmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I teach 8th grade as well. This is my third pregnancy and with both of my girls I have been 4 cm dilated by 37 weeks or so just walking around waiting:-) (I delivered at 39 weeks and 38.5 weeks) With my first, I taught up until the day I delivered, but nothing major at school. With my second, I taught Tuesday and had her Wednesday morning. With this one, I am probably going to have this little one a few days after the year ends if it doesn't come too early:-) i think about going into labor at school, but I haven't been too worried about it. I usually just make sure the teachers on my hall know what is going on and are there just in case:-)

Good luck mama!
Old 03-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #15
pkhotshot
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am the director of a small preschool and I am still just working out who's going to run the place while I'm on maternity! I've had multiple staff members get pregnant and always joked with them about sitting on towels or staying near tile flooring in the last couple of weeks, but nothing has ever happened. Typically, they have all taken their maternity leave starting a week before their due date, but that's not always the case and unlikely to be my scenario. Luckily, there are plenty of staff available to cover the classrooms should labor start earlier than expected. DH teaches high school on the other side of town (with the hospital in between us), so I imagine he'll just leave his students with a wave!

Good luck to you! Having a connecting classroom will be a blessing if you do go into labor during class. I think you've done all you can to prepare, so don't stress too much about it. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!
pkhotshot is offline   Reply With Quote