Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
misinformation

can't believe that its prevalent out there... i was wondering what misinformation have you heard from people who couldn't/wouldn't breastfeed?

some stuff i heard on a couples retreat these past few days...

my mom couldn't breastfeed me because she leaked milk all throughout her pregnancy.

my LO had H1N1 at 2 weeks so i was told i couldn't breastfeed (so sad... and the CDC even says to keep breastfeeding!!!)

and the ever popular

breastfeeding causes saggy boobs!

ahhh!!!!

but i also talked to a friend of mine who is fighting breast cancer (she says its a rare form that you don't need chemo or radiation, they just have surgery to remove it eventually getting a mastectomy) but she has opt out of the mastectomy in the hopes that she can breastfeed the baby they've been trying to have for 5 years).

Advertisement

Last edited by naura; 12-16-2009 at 10:27 AM.
naura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:18 AM   #2
momofapeanut
Registered Users
seller

Re: misinformation

How about, I was told by someone that never had a child that I would have trouble breastfeeding because of my large breasts!!! LMAO.
momofapeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:27 AM   #3
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: misinformation

All I will say is though some of this information is 'misinformation' there truly are people who don't have channels of support, even if it means hey go read this website it has tons of wealthy information on breastfeeding, the ups and downs, etc. Some don't have that. Though I don't support it, alot of women do give up simply because of this and don't have people to steer them in the right direction. I only say this because I was misinformed myself with my first child. Thankfully I've been enlightened before I had my 2nd baby.

But to play the game
"breastfeeding ties the mother down"