Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
MrsJordan85
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I may be back...

So many of you followed the rollercoaster saga last month of DH and I's big "oops" and the miscarriage that followed.
We decided to try for another baby in a few months... to give my body (and mind) time to heal and recover. Well, mama had a couple of glasses of wine last night and that ended in well, you know. FF says it's about that time when I should be ovulating. Oops. Kinda

One part of me really hopes I get pregnant (*with a sticky bean this time*) and the other part of me thinks it would be too soon. Any mamas out there get prego the next cycle after a M/C and how did you deal? Was it okay?

I guess I just want someone to tell me that it will be okay if I do get pregnant. That's all.

Advertisement

Old 03-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I may be back...

I personally haven't experienced this but I know MANY women who have conceived the next cycle after a m/c. My friend had a tubal pregnancy and it wasn't treated until 10wks and it was pretty risky. She was on a medication that is in the X category for pregnancy and depleats your folic acid. She hadn't gotten her period after getting her final 0 hcg lab work and took a test to see if maybe for some reason her levels went back up or something. So she took a test and it was very positive. She went to the OB right away to have them run labs and stuff and it was a new pregnancy and she conceived literally 2 weeks after having the medication to treat the tubal pregnancy. Some people claim women are actually more fertile after having a m/c. Don't know how that stands medically though... Good luck!! You can test in like 10 days!!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey Mama, I followed your story last month! I've heard too that you can be more fertile after m/c. I'm hoping I am- we had an early loss last june, and got pr on my 4th cycle afterwards- that pg lasted 20 weeks- our son was born still last month, and as hard as that was and still is, DH and I are hoping to get pg again right away- I am not getting any younger- I am charting and hoping to catch the first egg :-)

GL!

Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
MrsJordan85
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMommy View Post
Hey Mama, I followed your story last month! I've heard too that you can be more fertile after m/c. I'm hoping I am- we had an early loss last june, and got pr on my 4th cycle afterwards- that pg lasted 20 weeks- our son was born still last month, and as hard as that was and still is, DH and I are hoping to get pg again right away- I am not getting any younger- I am charting and hoping to catch the first egg :-)

GL!
mama. Maybe be can play together next month. Fingers crossed.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:54 PM   #5
Angel89411
Banned

I had a miscarriage Jan 13th of this year. DH and I got a little frisky about 2 weeks later. I am now almost 9 weeks pregnant. I do kinda feel like it was too soon, but am happy it is going well so far (except for the horrible nausea and excess mucus). So it can happen.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:56 PM   #6
pretzelpirate07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we are in the same boat, have you had a period yet?
Old 03-25-2011, 06:05 PM   #7
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I got preggo after my first miscarriage right away...but unfortunately lost that one too. We decided to wait a few months. 7months after my last miscarriage we got preggers. And that sticky bean is now 6 months old and teething.

I hope and pray that you too will get your little sticky bean soon and when you are ready.

BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #8
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

This happened to me twice. We were preggers in may of 2009 and lost that baby at 4 wks. Two weeks later, I was knocked up again. Same thing in February. Lost that baby at 4.5 wks (2/7/11) and I'm 7 wks along now (hopefully sticky).

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #9
MrsJordan85
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretzelpirate07 View Post
we are in the same boat, have you had a period yet?
I guess- I started spotting and it turned into a full on period (and that was me losing the baby) about 3 weeks ago. Are you guys going to try for another? I know your last PG was a shock like ours.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:09 PM   #10
Elijah'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

our ds was conceived 7 weeks after my miscarriage, i had only one healthy period between pregnancies. he was quite the sticky bean, extremely healthy and easy pregnancy. i've heard too that the first couple months after a loss are especially fertile
Elijah'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote