Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2011, 11:32 PM   #1
hippieintraining
Registered Users
seller

Mucus plug/bloody show?

My last pregnancy, I was having so many checks near the end (and a few membrane sweeps) that I couldn't tell the cause of the light bleeding at the end. I think I lost my mucus plug SEVERAL times.

I 'think' I lost my mucus plug two weeks ago (I'm just over 38 now) but then this morning, I'm SURE I lost it... or part of it...

But.... it looked like snot. No bloody tinge. Does it always have a bloody tinge to it?

Please TMI me! How much? What color? And... just for the sake of 'fun'... when did baby come afterwards?

Advertisement

My ISO/IHA
hippieintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mucus plug/bloody show?

Your plug regenerates. It is possible to lose it several times or in pieces as you dilate. It doesn't mean labor is eminent, but that your body ids getting ready.

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

They always told me that there needs to be blood, or brown discharge with it, but my last lil guy....It was just super thick sticky snot (sorry tmi). Later that week, my water broke. I had him a month early.
Good luck to u mama! After losing my mucus plug, I always had my kids within a week.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #4
greek4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did not have blood in my mucus plug with DS1 or DS2. With this one there was a little blood due to a cervical check. I have been losing it piece by piece for days and there was only blood in it twice in an hour period a few days ago.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #5
LissaB
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think I lost mine a couple of weeks ago. There was no blood in it, but it was definitely a long, thick mucusy discharge when I wiped. I'm still pregnant, and waiting for him to arrive. I had my membranes stripped on Wednesday, which apparently didn't do the trick. On the plus side, I am definitely dilating. She said I was at 2 cm and 70% (!) effaced.

Good luck!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I started losing my mucus plug on a Thursday/Friday, and had mucus discharge several days in a row but with no blood. Tuesday of the next week there was blood in the mucus. I had my membranes stripped that same day and had my baby on Wednesday.
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #7
lauren420
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I lost mine in little icky chunks for about 2 weeks before I went into labor, but the day I actaully went inot labor I lost a BIG snot like glob about the size of grape streaked with blood, the little peices before that hod no blood at all in them!! You asked for TMI