Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2007, 04:11 PM   #11
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: EDD...today. Doc wants to induce on SAT and I say...

Ugh mama, that sucks. Just call the hospital and dr and say, "Sorry to do this but, I changed my mind. Let's cancel this and we can talk at 43 weeks. Thanks though!"

Advertisement

The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:20 PM   #12
averysmom
Registered Users

If you feel in your gut that you are doing the right thing then don't do it. Last time I checked a normal pregnancy is from 38weeks to 42weeks. You still have 2 weeks to go before they should even begin to start talking about induction. mama and sending you labor in your own time. Keep us posted.
Avery Grace 8-17-05 Autumn Rose my HBAC baby 2-9-10 EXPECTING #4 sometime in Sept. 2012 Planning my second homebirth!!
averysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:40 PM   #13
bohlander04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Mama's and yes please send labor vibes and prayers. I really appreciate it. I think I will try to go for a walk now and I will keep you ladies posted. Hopefully I will be using my newborn fluff here real soon.

Check out my new online store!
http://www.waddlewear.net/
bohlander04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:03 PM   #14
jazzpurr88
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Induction with Pictocin sucks. It is super strong contraction right on top of each other for HOURS. THere is a chance of your heartrate dropping, baby's heartrate dropping. This leads to a cs because baby heartrate is dropping between contrax. Well the contrax are squeezing the crap (miconium) out of the baby and when you water breaks they freak out even more because of the poop so then they will say cs for that. Thats what happened to me with DS#1. I wasn't dialating but contracting strong and hard (I have scar tissue on my cervix) They gave me Pic and it all went down hill from there. I refused the C-section BTW and pushed for 3 hours and he made it out all covered in poop and doing fine. No lung issues, he did have severe jaundic and I think that was from the pictocin and the fact they clamped and cut the cord the minute his head poped out (cord loose around his neck) he didn't get all the good blood the placenta pumps out once they are born.

Anyway stick to your guns. Go get some Rasberry leaf tea and drink it like crazy (supposed to tone the uturus and get contrax going) There are some stronger herbals out there that get contrax going also but I'm not sure of the dosage and stuff. OH get Evening Primrose Oil (capsules) and take a bunch of them every day. Some people place them inside by their cervix to get things going. EPO is said to soften and ripen your cervix, with its prstoglandins. Sperm softens and ripens the cervix also so jump on DH every chance you get.

Let nature take its course, your body will not let you be pregnant forever.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:06 PM   #15
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

How upsetting! Good for you for sticking to your guns!
Old 09-27-2007, 05:15 PM   #16
mamato5angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

with my first I hung at 1-2 cm for almost 6 weeks before I had to be induced (for medical reasons) even then I was a good 10 days over. I have had to be induced for all of my children. I just don't dialate but 2 were 10-12 days over and the third was a week early due to GD.

Totally stick to your guns on this you are just barely due. Does she have something more important that she has planned like a vaca that she doesn't want to miss if you do go into labor??
mamato5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:28 PM   #17
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzpurr88 View Post
Induction with Pictocin sucks. It is super strong contraction right on top of each other for HOURS. THere is a chance of your heartrate dropping, baby's heartrate dropping. This leads to a cs because baby heartrate is dropping between contrax. Well the contrax are squeezing the crap (miconium) out of the baby and when you water breaks they freak out even more because of the poop so then they will say cs for that. Thats what happened to me with DS#1. I wasn't dialating but contracting strong and hard (I have scar tissue on my cervix) They gave me Pic and it all went down hill from there. I refused the C-section BTW and pushed for 3 hours and he made it out all covered in poop and doing fine. No lung issues, he did have severe jaundic and I think that was from the pictocin and the fact they clamped and cut the cord the minute his head poped out (cord loose around his neck) he didn't get all the good blood the placenta pumps out once they are born.

Anyway stick to your guns. Go get some Rasberry leaf tea and drink it like crazy (supposed to tone the uturus and get contrax going) There are some stronger herbals out there that get contrax going also but I'm not sure of the dosage and stuff. OH get Evening Primrose Oil (capsules) and take a bunch of them every day. Some people place them inside by their cervix to get things going. EPO is said to soften and ripen your cervix, with its prstoglandins. Sperm softens and ripens the cervix also so jump on DH every chance you get.

Let nature take its course, your body will not let you be pregnant forever.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:29 PM   #18
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

Good for you for sticking to your guns! I let everyone talk me into an induction that I just didn't feel right about and I am still regretting it to this day, as I plan my VBAC. In my case, my OB lied to me (on several counts, that just being the first). Trust yourself and your body. This is NOT her birth. It belongs to you and your baby. You make the calls. You will be in my prayers. I will definitely be sending you labor vibes.
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/
ashersmomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:44 PM   #19
JenniJ
Registered Users

My Mood:

Stick to your guns, I am 34 weeks and at a 2cm and have been for like a month. I hope she comes on her own soon for you, and I agree with the others don't show Sat.
JenniJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:53 PM   #20
litlepick
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

#1 you don't need to cancel you told the ob not to schedule... just don't bother showing up! (they most likely wont even miss you)

#2 induction is not recommended until you are past "term" and term is anywhere between 38 and 42 weeks (unless there is an existing health problem like diabetes or toxemia)

#3 on average, noninduced first time moms deliver at 42.5 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlander04 View Post
NO! I don't want to do it at all. I want to wait and see if she will come on her own. My OB is making it sound like I have no other choice which I think is wrong and I am shocked at her reaction. I insisted that I did not want to do it and she still scheduled it. She said that since I have been one centimeter for almost two weeks that there's no chance of my body doing it on it's own. How is that true?? She's acting like I am two weeks overdue or something. Oh, and everyone else around me, including DH is giving me crap about it too. I don't think I am being childish about it. Olivia is still healthy in there and there's nothing wrong. Trust me if I felt she or I were in harms way I would be in there in a heartbeat. Do you think it would be wrong to call the office in the a.m. and tell them that I don't want to do it and cancel? I'm just frustrated with the whole darn thing. Any advice would be great. Or maybe just some advice on getting it going on my own. Thanks for listening ladies. I know if anyone understands you Mama's would.