Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
bellybellybuttons
Registered Users
Formerly: boobybaby
seller
seller

My Mood:
Baby Einstein Videos Freaked out baby!

Uggh, I thought we would love these, I put one on for our ds and he intently watched it for about two minutes, kicking and smiling. I was sitting next to him, got up to quickly do something and when I sat back down he was totally freaking out, he looked like he was holding his breath. He then cried for at least a half hour afterwards, which is so unlike him. I am afraid it caused him to have a seizure. Is this possible? Anyone else ever experience this with a little one? Our ds is only three mths old.

Thanks,
Melissa

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2009, 11:31 PM   #2
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby Einstein Videos Freaked out baby!

Oh my goodness, poor baby! I would think it was either coincidence or he was upset by you getting up rather than the video scaring him.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:53 AM   #3
tarah1218
Registered Users
seller

The TV probably overstimulated him. They don't reccomend tv until after the age of 2 I believe. It is hard to avoid sometimes as my 2YO will be watching tv while I make food and I come out and the baby turned himself to see the tv. If I remember the Baby Eintein have a lot of colors and sometimes a good amount of movement. I wish they made little videos that show a shape or color and just say what it is and it stays on the screen for 30 seconds or something so they don't get overstimulated and we could grab a shower while they are in awe. Maybe try a different distraction, another video or a music box like the fischer price aquarium one.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:56 AM   #4
bellybellybuttons
Registered Users
Formerly: boobybaby
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quick added note: My older children watch tv and so of course he has seen tv a bit , and we have even let him watch a few minutes of curious george two times with no problem. Just couldn't believe the reaction that he had it was very strange to say the least.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:16 AM   #5
samham
Registered Users
seller

My nephew used to hold his breath and put himself into seizures when he got scared or hurt so it's possible. Can't remember what they were called but the drs told my sister he would grow out of them. Poor guy, maybe he was over stimulated.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:06 AM   #6
Revy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Poor baby. At one point does he starts feeling anxious? Maybe it had something to do with a particular scene (ia lot flashing and light can cause seizures).
Naturally for Her is the first company dedicated in providing the best organic and natural fertility management options like Lady-Comp and the Today Sponge FREE SHIPPING in the US! FREE 1 BOX of Natacare 100% Organic products in every purchase of Lady-Comp!
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #7
zellti
Registered Users

My Mood:

Maybe try it again? It could have something else that upset him and not the movie. My little guys love Baby Einstein.
zellti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #8
joslin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS totally freaked out a Baby Einstein the one time I watched it with him, the problem was that it was startling him. It would do something repeatedly and very rhythmically and then change it really quickly and have a loud noise at the same time (imagine a jack in the box). He screamed for half an hour too.

Needless to say we have never put it in again. IMHO it was lame anyway. Now he is in love with Baby Signing Time and at least that teaches him something.

joslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #9
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine loved it. But I can see where he wouldnt like it. I don't like it..lol
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:32 PM   #10
Rock A Buy Boutique
Registered Users
Formerly: Sgt.Slum
seller

My Mood:

My bug gets freaked out with Baby Einstein videos sometimes... especially the music with moving toys videos. He loves their videos with puppets, like first sounds, and the sign language one... but the Mozart not always. We always sit with him while he watches TV, and just turn it off when it's too much for him... which only really happens with the Mozart one so far.