Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
Sick kids and Tandem nursing

Hey mamas, I'm nursing both of my kids (3.5yrs and 2.5mon) well my oldest got a runny nose about a week or so ago and then it got stuffy and she had a little cough, I wasn't even thinking and then my 2 month old got a stuffy nose and a little cough but not to serious. Well like I said that was about 1-2 weeks ago and neither one of them are getting rid of it, my youngest wakes up and can hardly breath until I suck his boogers out with the nasal aspirator. He seems to be getting worse and my oldest doesn't seem to have any cold symptoms anymore. So my question is, could they have been passing it back and forth from one another? Should I stop nursing my oldest until my youngest gets better?? Or just keep on nursing so they both get the immunity.
Oh, also I started to give my oldest a probiotic when she first got sick, that seemed to help.

Advertisement

Old 11-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
1blessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sick kids and Tandem nursing

I would keep nursing them both. My girls (3.5 years and 17 months) have had illnesses at the same time but I'd rather continue nursing them both than not. I think they'll pass it to eachother regardless.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:12 PM   #3
etsdtm99
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sick kids and Tandem nursing

i would keep nursing htem both, but possibly take the little one to a pedi if he is getting worse- the last time that happened to me my youngest had developed a double ear infection .. we all got a cold, DD & I were getting better and DS was getting worse...