Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
A Not So Poopy Issue

Hi. My EBF (until yesterday) 6 month old ds is not pooping! The last time was either last Saturday or Sunday night. Since then, we've only seen a few tiny streaks in his diaper. I have called the pediatrician twice. When I called yesterday, they recommended apple or prune juice and said to give a glycerin suppository today if things hadn't moved along. My son is not really showing signs of constipation other than unusually stinky gas. He has been a little fussier throughout the night, but I'm not convinced that isn't because of the crazy and unusual week we've had. I definitely don't want to use the suppository if he's not constipated, and the juice doesn't seem to be working. Has anyone had experience with suppositories and constipated babies? Should I use the meds or wait a while longer? Thanks for any advice!!

Advertisement

Old 11-29-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: A Not So Poopy Issue

My DS hasn't pooped in forever, either. He's happy though, and his belly is soft so I'm not worried.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: A Not So Poopy Issue

Well, my son finally pooped! YAY! I guess the prune juice did it, as I didn't have to use the meds. So, a soft tummy really means they're not constipated? That's good to know. My son's tummy was, in fact, soft over the last few days, but I wasn't sure if that really meant anything. Thanks for posting!