Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2018, 07:55 AM   #11
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cleaning Schedule

If I could get my 2yo to clean up his toys before bed every night that would be helpful but he cleans up a few toys then gets distracted and just starts playing.

Advertisement

kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:45 AM   #12
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

K, at that age, I had to give my kids one or two steps at a time. I would tell them to pick up all the books. Once they had some that, it was pick up the trains, or the cars, or dolls, or blocks, or whatever, until we had gotten through everything. My oldest I did that with until she was probably 8. She still tends to get distracted easily, but I do, too, so I can't fault her.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:10 PM   #13
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
K, at that age, I had to give my kids one or two steps at a time. I would tell them to pick up all the books. Once they had some that, it was pick up the trains, or the cars, or dolls, or blocks, or whatever, until we had gotten through everything. My oldest I did that with until she was probably 8. She still tends to get distracted easily, but I do, too, so I can't fault her.
Thats a good tip. I tend to not worry too much about it since hes still pretty young. He has good intentions just gets distracted lol.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:14 PM   #14
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah we had the DC help pick up toys, but they didn't really accomplish anything at that age. Even older. It wasn't until we had 2 or 3 old enough to really pick up that then the younger ones would see that and actually make a difference.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:14 PM   #15
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

DS can help if I'm also picking up and tell him what to do. Like, here take these shoes and put them in mommy's closet. Take your puppy and put him in your bed. Pick up all the cars and trucks and put them in this basket. But I have to be right there picking something else up or he loses interest. He also puts away about half the folded laundry but it's the same thing - I have to give him each stack. Here's daddy's undies. Here's your socks. These are wash cloths for this bathroom...etc. oh, and most of the laundry isn't folded by the time it gets where it goes. And sometimes DH's socks and underwear get mixed. It's hard to know if it's worth it sometimes.
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:10 PM   #16
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It isn't worth it now, but it will be worth it in the long run. Keep at it and just remember it's for his sake not yours right now.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote