Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-04-2018, 06:57 PM   #251
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: June Chat!!

I have spent half of yesterday and all of today doing virtually nothing due to an allergy attack. Nothing touches it, so I have been pretty miserable with a lot of sinus pressure and a headache. It's a little better at the moment, but earlier it was bad enough to make my teeth hurt. Would be nice to be able to breathe through both nostrils at the same time. I have been watching movies all day.

Anyway, I think Andrew and at least one kid are going to go see the town fireworks tonight. Our town allows the shooting of fireworks for about a week, so we've been listening to and seeing them for the last 5 days anyway. Our poor dog is not happy. Tomorrow, I am teaching a friend how to make jam. They have blackberries on their property and her son loves them, loves blackberry jam, and so she asked for help. I will probably need to pick beans and can them, too, though I can have the kids pick. That is probably all I will be up for, unless my sinuses manage to clear tonight, but if I can handle it, I am going to finally finish the pillowcases I started forever and a day ago.

Advertisement

tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 07:08 PM   #252
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
I have spent half of yesterday and all of today doing virtually nothing due to an allergy attack. Nothing touches it, so I have been pretty miserable with a lot of sinus pressure and a headache. It's a little better at the moment, but earlier it was bad enough to make my teeth hurt. Would be nice to be able to breathe through both nostrils at the same time. I have been watching movies all day.

Anyway, I think Andrew and at least one kid are going to go see the town fireworks tonight. Our town allows the shooting of fireworks for about a week, so we've been listening to and seeing them for the last 5 days anyway. Our poor dog is not happy. Tomorrow, I am teaching a friend how to make jam. They have blackberries on their property and her son loves them, loves blackberry jam, and so she asked for help. I will probably need to pick beans and can them, too, though I can have the kids pick. That is probably all I will be up for, unless my sinuses manage to clear tonight, but if I can handle it, I am going to finally finish the pillowcases I started forever and a day ago.
Sorry about the allergies! My DH has insanely bad allergies and gets tons of sinus pressure and headaches/migraines. No meds even came close to helping the only thing that has helped is the chiropractor. Just a thought that you could look into. Hope it improves!
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 07:39 PM   #253
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

The shots I did a few years ago helped a lot. I did shots at home three times a week. I couldn't do the once a week shots at the doctor's office, though. Mine don't usually hit to the point of having a hard time functioning, and really, if I needed to, I could go do stuff, but the kids are all old enough that I don't have to do a lot if I don't want to. If I had a job, I probably would've still gone. Would've been miserable, but probably would've gone.

Oh, and I love the idea of the chiropractor, but insurance doesn't cover it, and it gets pricey by the time you go a few times.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:36 AM   #254
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeotwoski View Post
Hi ladies we're back!

We greatly appreciate all the praying everyone did--the birth did not go as planned, but at the last minute (actually about three minutes AFTER the last minute) He provided a much safer option which shocked all the staff at the hospital.

8 hours before my scheduled induction baby turned, and I thought it was just rotating to ?posterior? whatever the normal non-sunny-side-up presentation is called. Nope. That kid went back to breech. So we spent the first half of the day just waiting on the clock to be 6 hour since eating in case I'd need to be put under for c-section if a version broke water, put baby in distress etc. The version was not successful, and man that hurt a LOT...they tried hard. They couldn't just send me home because I was 3-4 cm at arrival. The attempted version got me contracting and they spent the next half the day trying to stop labor--some induction, eh? The terb. made me so shaky. By 5pm I was 8cm and had to be delivered. We were hoping to make it to 7 when a different OB came on who has some experience with breech births and just hoping and praying he would agree to do it. They basically don't do breech births there. Their stats said 0.1% of births for the year were breech out of 1000 births. But I wasn't gonna make it til 7 and they called a c-section. Got everything ready, gave me more tern to slo the contractions for the surgery, it was a done deal--my after visit summary actually even says I had a c-section. But it would be such a huge risk for me with clotting and bleeding history (they did have my special blood on hand already though). The nurses and midwives fought the OB hard, but he has never done a breech birth in 30 years and wouldn't. Finally another OB walked by and said "I'll do it" which shocked everyone because they had no idea she had that skill set! She's semi-new there, a few years I think. So we did a double set up in the OR, prepared to switch to c-section if necessary. They got the other doctor to one in early (and he's from my hometown, he must have jumped in the car the second they called) to assist. So I had 3 OBs, a midwife, a whole mess of nurses, 2 from anesthesia, and a whole team for baby all in the room. Flat on my back legs strapped in stirrup things with anti-clotting pump boots on, all waiting for me to get that baby out after being given the terb! Turned out I did not care, could have been in Grand Central and I wouldn't have cared ( I usually hide my face to deliver...I mind!). That. was.intense. 8 lb 3 oz in only 18.25 inches frank breech intense. So you know we were being surprised with the gender, well DH found out the gender before kiddo was half out this way lol! It's a BOY!! One DD cried, but has now decided she likes boy babies better than girls. My homeschool friend was there as baby nurse and said in 25 years she has never seen a breech birth, they were all amazed, midwife brought the staff brownies next dat to celebrate not giving me surgery...it was all pretty overwhelming how much they care for me.

Of course that wasn't enough drama for little man so he used the bruising he got on his feet, leg, and bum to pump his bill up to 19.2 and earned himself three more days in the hospital under lights. Had to do bit of arguing to get the proper testing done for the isoimmunization issue (not their fault really, it is really rare and the confused it with regular ABO/Rh incompatibility) but in the end everything was done right and all his labs look good. He is not affected by the really nasty antibody, which is all they could test. Went back for follow ups yesterday and today and he is all clear, we get to stay home an entire day tomorrow! And all week too. Then regular 2 week visit, and a u/s with orthopedics to check his hips because of being breech but the docs all say they seem good. Had some springy legs up to his ears a couple days though! At one week he is back up to his birthweight. NOT the usual course for me and my nursing babes, so I am thrilled.

Timothy Thomas

Congratulations
So incredibly happy for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2018, 10:19 AM   #255
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

That donut recipe looks yum.

Hope your feeling better Tala!

We have been super busy and today we are going to another bbq back at our old town.

Our new friends went on a trip and we've been helping care for their animals and that has been an adventure. Every day the other neighbor helping has had to deal with some mishap. I think it shows how likeable this family is that we've been happy to chase their crazy animals all week.

Otherwise still getting to know people. Another mom I like is moving in a minute away. So it seems we've landed well.