Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2017, 05:10 PM   #1
Brinae89
Registered Users
seller

Breastfeeding help!

Okay, I've been breastfeeding my son sense birth so 10 1/2 months and all of a sudden I'm not producing much! Like this happened in a matter of a day! The other day I didn't nurse him until 5pm and then the next day (yesterday) is when my production dropped but I can't see my production dropping so much from just one day of not nursing until later that afternoon. (He had other food and water that day just FYI Lol) But I don't know what to do! I'm trying not to let it upset me but idk what to do. Is it too late in the game for my milk to come back? Is there anything that can be done? Any thoughts on why it would have depleted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Brinae89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:56 PM   #2
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding help!

Maybe you were dehydrated? I can always tell when I haven't had enough water because my milk feels lower.
kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:01 PM   #3
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Could be dehydrated. Could be your period is about to return. That always made me drop a lot for a couple days, but the supply bounced back.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:44 AM   #4
Brinae89
Registered Users
seller

I'm hoping that's all it is, I hope it's not permanent, he wasn't ready to quit and neither was I! This isn't too fun.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:27 AM   #5
Shiara514
Registered Users
seller

Make sure you keep nursing even if you don't feel like there is enough milk. No demand, no supply! You could just be dehydrated, overtired, or coming down with something. Those circumstances always seemed to affect my supply. Fenugreek tea usually helped (though that honestly could have been purely psychosomatic on my part )
Shiara514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:55 AM   #6
Brinae89
Registered Users
seller

It was pretty strange, I've gained my supply back and everything is doing well! I'm not sure why I had that random dip but it was stressful especially sense my son was not ready to quit nursing so he would get very upset at night when there was no milk but he would try to nurse, idk. But I'm glad it's back! Thank you ladies for all of your input.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:52 AM   #7
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinae89 View Post
It was pretty strange, I've gained my supply back and everything is doing well! I'm not sure why I had that random dip but it was stressful especially sense my son was not ready to quit nursing so he would get very upset at night when there was no milk but he would try to nurse, idk. But I'm glad it's back! Thank you ladies for all of your input.

That's great to here. Did you try anything to increase it?
Old 07-15-2018, 10:57 PM   #8
qiaraau
Registered Users

Good to know that its finally back. I hope you and your son are doing good and both healthy. Sometimes breastfeeding can get really complicated and hard. Motherhood is a new stage women should really be prepared of. From pregnancy, to giving birth, to breastfeeding, to making sure that your child is growing healthy and strong.
qiaraau is offline   Reply With Quote