Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #31
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Good luck with nap- hope its nice & long for ya!

Caden didn't eat his PB&J, he licked the jelly and took a few nibbles & that is it... I don't think he likes the bread I got. He's eating an apple now & I'm hoping to get some yogurt into him.

Does she like go color or play with play dough? Those are our standby activities. Got any stickers? Those are fun! What about baking some cookies or you could just pretend with oatmeal or flour & a pan & spoon? What about using scrap wrapping paper & glue to make a collage? You could shape it like a wreath or tree.

I might make some jello for a sensory activity... Not sure though- I know Caden won't like it lol

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #32
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
She napped for almost 2 hours. Now she's eating, she had a cereal bar, some fruit and now she's eating yogurt.

She loves to color, we do it everyday. We've never played with play dough though, we don't have any. Got any good recipes or should I just google? I thought about making some brownies, I'm not sure I have all the ingredients for cookies.
pine_apple_goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #33
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Play dough is easy to make. Google should be able to give you a good recipe. I can't right now- trying to get Caden to take a little nap before dinner.

Glad to hear rylee is eating!

Old 12-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #34
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaSews View Post
Play dough is easy to make. Google should be able to give you a good recipe. I can't right now- trying to get Caden to take a little nap before dinner.

Glad to hear rylee is eating!

I googled, hopefully it'll turn out. Good luck with the nap.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #35
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Have fun!

Old 12-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #36
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
How did the play dough work out?

Caden napped for about an hour, I ordered pizza for dinner (which he didn't really eat... He normally does, he was mad when I told him I ordered pizza but we had to wait for it to be delivered. Then he only eats the cheese & pepperoni off... Strange kid.)

Gave him a bath, then DH got home a little early & put him to bed. He went to sleep a little later than usual so I hope he sleeps. He's so unpredictable, I never know when he will wake up.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #37
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers Unite!! Come join in and chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaSews View Post
How did the play dough work out?

Caden napped for about an hour, I ordered pizza for dinner (which he didn't really eat... He normally does, he was mad when I told him I ordered pizza but we had to wait for it to be delivered. Then he only eats the cheese & pepperoni off... Strange kid.)

Gave him a bath, then DH got home a little early & put him to bed. He went to sleep a little later than usual so I hope he sleeps. He's so unpredictable, I never know when he will wake up.

It didn't. We got distracted with Skyping. We called my mom and then were going to call my MIL but she wasn't feeling well so we called my SIL instead. And then we got distracted again, lol. I will make some tomorrow morning though. Most of the recipes call for cream of tartar. I don't have that. I'm afraid it won't turn out as well.

Rylee usually loves pizza too. It's been a while since we've had any though.

Did he go to sleep well? Rylee decided to play with me tonight and I rocked her like normal and then laid her down. After I walked out of her room she started calling out "few minutes mommy, few minutes" code for come hold me for a few minutes. So after a bit I went in and held her then laid her back down and no sooner did I shut the door did she start "crying". I put it in quotes because she was telling me that she was crying so it really wasn't all that bad. She was just trying to get me to come back in. I let her go for about 5 minutes. She would stop making noise then start up again and then when she finally got upset I went in and rocked her for a few. I counted to 100 and then got up, laid her in bed and walked out without saying a single word to her. I sat down on the couch and she started crying again. By this point I'm frustrated and said forget it and let her cry and within two minutes she was out. I don't know what her deal was. She might have been missing her daddy. He's been working awful hours the last three days and hasn't seen him much at all. He left today at noon and she wont see him again until 3pm or so tomorrow. I think she's seen him for a total of 8 hours since Monday night.

Anyway, DH is finally home and he has to be up for work in a little over 6 hours... as I said, the schedule this week is whack.

I hope you sleep well! I hope I sleep in general
Old 12-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #38
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We have no power and Rylee does not understand that she can't watch her shows lol
Old 12-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #39
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pine_apple_goat
We have no power and Rylee does not understand that she can't watch her shows lol
Oh. No! My biggest fear! how come the power is out? did you get to make the play dough?

I've been sleeping the afternoon away. Caden woke up at 2am & then at 5. I'm so tired. My mom was called this am bc I wouldn't wake up. Lol. So she came & got him around 10.

I'm going to go do some last minute shopping & then go get him.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #40
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
No we didn't. We just played. It got cold. The power was out for four hours! It was 62 in here. We got like four inches of snow and it was super windy. We had to go to town to get some things for Christmas dinner and that was a bad idea. The roads weren't bad going in but on the way home they were awful. The truck right in front of us spun out and landed half in the ditch half in a drive way. They were okay. Freaked the heck out of me though.

We're home and hanging out now, waiting for bedtime.