Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2018, 08:58 AM   #11
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Almost May Chat!

Talking about milk reminded me to ask y'all how to encourage L to drink out of a cup, any kind of cup. He is almost 10mos (how?!?!) and I planned to wean off breastfeeding around the same time I weaned C which was between 12-13mos but can I even wean him if he won't drink milk out of some sort of cup?? He knows how to he just couldnt care less about actually doing it. It's hard considering C would drink his entire diet if I let him so it's crazy to me that L doesn't want anything to do with a cup.

Advertisement

kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:20 AM   #12
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
Talking about milk reminded me to ask y'all how to encourage L to drink out of a cup, any kind of cup. He is almost 10mos (how?!?!) and I planned to wean off breastfeeding around the same time I weaned C which was between 12-13mos but can I even wean him if he won't drink milk out of some sort of cup?? He knows how to he just couldnt care less about actually doing it. It's hard considering C would drink his entire diet if I let him so it's crazy to me that L doesn't want anything to do with a cup.

Have you tried a cup with no lid at all? M loves a cup with no lid but doesn't like lids of any kind. Obviously, I have to hold it for him. But that's how he drinks his water.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:38 AM   #13
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Have you tried a cup with no lid at all? M loves a cup with no lid but doesn't like lids of any kind. Obviously, I have to hold it for him. But that's how he drinks his water.
That's the one option I haven't offered him. I will try it today!
Old 04-30-2018, 09:41 AM   #14
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would be thrilled with milk for $2.98. It's crazy how much prices vary!

I would try a cup without a lid too. Some of my kids preferred that, one of them had it mastered at 12months! It's messy but the earlier you start, the earlier they figure it out. Have you tried a straw? Or the miracle cups?
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:43 AM   #15
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
That's the one option I haven't offered him. I will try it today!

He may play with it. At first M would drink several sips. Now he takes a drink and then blows bubbles and makes sounds in it. I stand by the sink so I can dump it out and give him a fresh drink after he makes a mess in it.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:55 AM   #16
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
I would be thrilled with milk for $2.98. It's crazy how much prices vary!

I would try a cup without a lid too. Some of my kids preferred that, one of them had it mastered at 12months! It's messy but the earlier you start, the earlier they figure it out. Have you tried a straw? Or the miracle cups?
Yeah we have miracle cups, straw cups, RePlay sippy cups, a little of everything. I think an opened top cup may be the answer because he watches C drink out of his.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:57 PM   #17
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

I am out of sorts today. I am so emotional and irritated and just BLAH about life. For no discernible reason. Everything is stressing. I hope tomorrow brings a better day.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:32 PM   #18
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
I am out of sorts today. I am so emotional and irritated and just BLAH about life. For no discernible reason. Everything is stressing. I hope tomorrow brings a better day.
Sounds like you need chocolate, music, and a bath. With lavender. Hope things are better tomorrow.

Not been as productive of a day as I had hoped by this point, but it's still fairly early.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:36 PM   #19
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

At 10 mos planning a 12-13 mos weaning I wouldn't worry about cup usage. Wait til 12 mos and try again. We usually go straight to open top cups too, around a year.

I don't really get anything accomplished on weekdays (homeschool), but this weekend was great. Removed a trailer load of STUFF from my house, which feels great, did our regular saturday cleaning plus got some walls and cabinets scrubbed but now I'm feeling buried already looking at the busy week we have coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
The weather is finally warm here! ...

We have 2 birthdays within the next 2 weeks. My kids are getting old. :/

As for diaper chatter....we don't have any! I've got a few things left to sell, and still have kids in pullups at night, but no daytime diapers.
It is snowing here today...and sticking.

Happy birthday to your DC!! We are in the midst of birthday season too, and I feel your emotions about them aging.

We are also out of daytime diapers, except one nap diaper--even that though has been dry a few times last week; he uses the opportunity to poop, but yesterday he did poop on the potty, so it may not be much longer. He's young though so we'll see. New baby coming soon though.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:48 PM   #20
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Sounds like you need chocolate, music, and a bath. With lavender. Hope things are better tomorrow.

Not been as productive of a day as I had hoped by this point, but it's still fairly early.

Roger that.