Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2018, 11:46 AM   #1
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
August Chat!

Hey mamas!

Thought I would start an August chat. How is it August already???

I have been debating putting DS2 in a pre preschool type thing for a couple hours a week (2 days a week for 3hrs I believe). I have a hard time swallowing the price of it though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Advertisement

kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 12:05 PM   #2
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Re: August Chat!

We do it and I Looooove it! We only did 1 day a week last year, and this year we're doing 2, but our neighbors are paying for the second day in exchange for me dropping their child off there too. It has been awesome - not only a break for me, but also DS doesn't get much break from me and it's been really good for him to get to okay with other kids and listen to other adults. Also, I do all my dentist appts and OB appts while he's at "school" so I don't have to deal with him in the exam room while I am being examined. The cost is forbidding, but for us, if you calculate it out per hour, it comes out to like $6/hr, which is cheaper than what we we're paying SIL to watch him when we needed a sitter.

DS is 2 today!!! We went to Kroger this morning and he got to pick a helium balloon. He picked a giant school bus that says "back to school". We've been singing the wheels on the bus all day now....thinking of popping that balloon. He is thrilled with it though. DH's parents are coming for dinner. I caved on the party thing when DH pressed a bit, but we agreed that inviting them this year does NOT mean we have to every year. My house is clean now, but dinner isn't fixed yet, and the cake isn't decorated. Better get off my lazy bum :P
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:51 PM   #3
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Happy Birthday little man! We have a half birthday today too.

Washer is fixed. Again. I guess my washing machine repair man was trying to take a short cut by bolting the pump to the old housing since they had updated the new housing...yeah it didn't work. He isn't a real washing machine repair man, but does know mechanics so he should have got it right the first time, but there was no service charge because i happen to be married to him so i shouldn't complain, but...and yes, DS was dry again

Baby has been going to bed at 7 or 8 so I am going to attempt staying up to knit. I was counting on nb/sm soakers to last the summer but he requires so much diaper under them plus he's already over 11 lbs. Time to ditch the nb night fitteds too but don't know what to use instead.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:13 PM   #4
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Happy Birthday to your little one El!

I have a question for yall... if something is on sale, a really good sale, that you know your family will eventually eat and youd eventually be buying anyway do you buy it even though you don't *need* it right that second?

kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 06:14 PM   #5
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post

I have a question for yall... if something is on sale, a really good sale, that you know your family will eventually eat and youd eventually be buying anyway do you buy it even though you don't *need* it right that second?

I surely do all the time! I usually just trade out the budget for something we can live without that week or if it is a big ticket item, I borrow from next or a few weeks ahead to pay for it. Our local market gets some great deals in (10 lb boxes of bacon for $19, 15 lb bags of chicken for .45 cents a pound, and if they have a short dating item that we will for sure use, I grab it (ritz crackers for .50cents a box etc). I think I picked up ten boxes of crackers (my girls don't eat sandwhiches often) and ten boxes of organic granola cereal (.75 cents) this summer and I was stoked to save so much! We do have a big pantry though so storage isn't an issue.
Tshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:51 PM   #6
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post

I absolutely do, if I have room to store it. That's what I live about having a chest freezer- you can exploit good deals!
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:16 PM   #7
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It depends. Often it turns out that we didn't NEED the item down the road, or found it at a yard sale or someone handed one down to us, or I procrastinated so long that we went through the phase the item was needed and came out the other side never having obtained it and survived.

Food yes.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:24 PM   #8
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Found 5 or 6 soakers in the next size which I must have made for the last baby or 2 but I only remember one of them. 3 longies too. Which is great because when I got out my knitting I realized I'm in the middle of enlarging my toddler's blanket and have a looong way to go and only a month left til fall here. Found enough fitteds for nighttime too, if they work and fit. And enough bigger onesies, too. I thought I'd be buying/making all those things, so it was a pleasant surprise!
Old 08-04-2018, 08:03 PM   #9
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Food I do buy and put away since I know we go through it quickly.

Happy Birthday little Chorrito!

Please take a minute to tape yourself and your child singing wheels on the bus.

Just found a video of us singing 5 little Monkeys on the Bed with my now 8 year old and we have watched and enjoyed it so many times. The whole family has enjoyed reminiscing.

We got evacuated to basement today at my dd's internship. She texted me so I drove over but they wouldn't let me into the village and made me go downstairs to a basement area near the entrance.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:39 PM   #10
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Why, Agla? What was going on?
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote