Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2018, 04:12 PM   #21
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: August Chat!

Survived the four dentist appointments and they are all still cavity free! Yeah! I hope to get the same good news tomorrow.

Support is awesome and I think would be hugely beneficial....but it's also very tricky/complicated because you really can't disclose any case details, even to other foster parents.

Meals are one thing I know is on the agenda to talk about, I think we may start with meals for families with new placements or sickness. We are also going to look at providing transportation when foster parents have sick kids or scheduling problems. Babysitting. Not sure what else. Hopefully we can get some people interested in doing respite. I do appreciate all the ideas!!

I totally forgot my big two were supposed to have archery/shotgun tonight. I am tired.

That church situation is fascinating! It's awesome that they are able to continue services there, even if only one month a year.

I couldn't handle all your snow Theresa but you guys do truly have an amazing community!

I would assume no news is good news on the neck as well. I'm hoping the follow up goes great!

Advertisement

jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 07:13 PM   #22
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

The church is fascinating. I would love to go there! That would be an experience to remember.

Our church is 200+ years old. It is on the National Historic Register. I just rewatched the church history on DVD that my aunts had made so all this is fresh in my memory!

My children are the 8th generation of my family to have attended there since its formation. It's updated though! Two big ole A/C units are hidden outside. I say updated loosely because it is by no means a modern church. It does have heating/air and a fellowship hall and bathrooms have been added. But other than that, it's the same building, pews etc. DH and I just started claiming it as our own last Thanksgiving and officially joined last week.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:01 PM   #23
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

That sounds like a great resource for foster parents Jen. It would be great to maybe have some doctors agree to take the new placements as patients quickly. I know when I call for new patient appointments it can take months. I'm guessing that these children might need appointments sooner.

Those old churches sound awesome. I'm not sure how old ours is. It's getting structural repair all this month. It was not in use as a parish but now it is getting so much use that updates need to be made.

Our old parish was over a hundred years old and was one of those big old churches on a hill you could see from almost anywhere in town.

Chirpy- You found a church. I remember you trying to make a family decision about this.

I'm on my way to the airport to drop my kids off for their trip to Ireland.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:05 PM   #24
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yay congrats on joining, Chirpy!
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:44 PM   #25
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

The little old church sounds lovely! I love historical places with meaning like that.

I've been sweating over crab apple jelly and crab apple butter all day. Almost done though, hurray! I love canning season. Last year there were no crab apples at all but this year there is a bumper crop and they are lovely.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:51 PM   #26
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeotwoski View Post
Yay congrats on joining, Chirpy!

Thank you.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:46 PM   #27
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Y'all. L is going to start violin lessons! He wants to fiddle, actually, but agreed to start with violin because the teacher is local and I know her. Yay!
Old 08-07-2018, 10:50 PM   #28
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Y'all. L is going to start violin lessons! He wants to fiddle, actually, but agreed to start with violin because the teacher is local and I know her. Yay!
So fun!
Old 08-08-2018, 09:38 AM   #29
abh5e8
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Fun! I have two girls taking violin lessons. It's not easy but they are making progress and love their teacher.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:00 AM   #30
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Y'all we have a bear. It's been knocking over and going through our garbage the last 2 nights. We'll be inside ALL DAY today if anyone needs me.