Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2010, 08:47 PM   #11
lindsayinpa
Registered Users
seller

Re: Curious...how much does your 6month eat

My DD is 6 months. She nurses 7 times during the day, gets one bottle of EBM. She just started solids on her 6 month birthday last weekend. She gets about 1 TBSP of a fruit or veggie per day.

Advertisement

lindsayinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #12
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

My DD is 6 months and a few days. She is BF for her meals still. I have no idea how many times a day she nurses or how much she gets. I would guess she nurses somewhere between 6-8 times a day. She sleeps all night and is starving in the morning! Have to feed before changing her diaper even or she throws a fit.

She has had some baby food. She will eat about 1/3 of a jar (the 1st stage little jars) once or so a week. I know she would eat more if I allowed her too, but I don't want her to become dependent of food yet...it's kinda like candy right now, just some for something yummy to taste every once in a while, kwim?
Old 12-10-2010, 11:39 PM   #13
BethyMeww
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by willownz View Post
My 6 month old is baby led weaned. She is breastfed first and then has chunks of banana, apple and whatever else we are eating.
This for us to! We BF first thing in the morning and then have breakfast. Then we BF on demand and he eats lunch and dinner with us.
BethyMeww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:45 AM   #14
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are only nursing at 6 months with our kids, so I have no idea how much milk they get and never solids, not that early, we wait until closer to 10 months.

YOu might want to look into the nutritional information concerning rice cereal...or lack there of. It really isn't the best 1st food.

http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/so...rst-foods.html
Wife for 20 years to Lance Sr. SAHM, homeschooling mom of 7, 4 boys and 3 little girls, Christian 22 , Lance 18 , Philip 12 , James 10 , Princess Princess Catherine 8 Rainbow Baby Reagan 5, Molly and baby Abigail due in March
cupcakewright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:16 AM   #15
aerobebe1421
Registered Users
seller

Carter is 6.5 mos old. We tried oatmeal (we don't do rice cereal) on his 6 mos. birthday and he wasn't that interested. We have tried sweet potatoes, applesauce, and banana. The only one he showed interest in was the banana (in a mesh feeder), but he didn't eat very much of it. He gags from even the tiniest amount of solid food and is just not interested. We BLW.

As far as amount of breastmilk, he is nursed on demand. The amounts vary during the day and night. If he gets a bottle (which is pretty rare), he will usually take 3-3.5 oz.
expecting someone new 11.14
aerobebe1421 is offline   Reply With Quote