Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:
Here's an odd one...

I am pretty sure that we have thrush. I have deep searing pain in both breasts and it feels like my nipples are on fire after each feeding, and DS has white junk in his mouth as of last night. DS also has had a sore on his foreskin that has come and gone for the last 2 weeks (while I have had the breast pain) and his skin has peeled down there (not anything super gross, just sort of schloughing off to make way for new skin). Could the sore be thrush, too? What effect does it have on diapers/diaper area? We EC (part time anyway, it was easier with DS1!) and his sore seemed to be worse in the morning if he wet at night. Advice???

Advertisement

Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:55 AM   #2
daizeemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Here's an odd one...

Try putting some monistat on it and see if that helps. My ds is almost 5 months and we have been battling yeast his whole life. Grapefruit seed extract heals it up really fast.

Emily, Zach, Elijah, Isaiah, Zeke, Sam, Evan, Ben, Abe, and, baby Rose Tralee!
daizeemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:00 AM   #3
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like it could be and yes it can be in the diaper too.

It might be time to call the Dr and get a Rx for Diflucan for you and Tristatin for him, and as for the diaper you can use Lotrimin Af for a week after the spot disappears.

If you want to go more natural, Gential Violet painted on your nipples and in his mouth works but it turns everything purple, so be careful not to ruin your nice clothes and his. As for the diaper I would still get the Lotrimin as yeast is very hard to kill and wash your diapers in hot water. Or go to sposies for a few days.
Wife for 20 years to Lance Sr. SAHM, homeschooling mom of 7, 4 boys and 3 little girls, Christian 22 , Lance 18 , Philip 12 , James 10 , Princess Princess Catherine 8 Rainbow Baby Reagan 5, Molly and baby Abigail due in March
cupcakewright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:03 AM   #4
mommyof3armywife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope you both feel better soon
mommyof3armywife is offline   Reply With Quote