Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
Cathypie
Registered Users
seller

dairy intolerance

warning- poop mentioned

when do you start getting concerned about green poop? DD2 is 2 1/2 weeks and has been consistently pooping green since the mecomium stopped. i've read this can be hindmilk/foremilk imbalance or dairy intolerance. i block feed until she finishes a side to where i can't hand express anything and pump if one side starts to feel pretty full. i would have thought this would solve that imbalance.

now i'm wondering if there's a dairy issue. what would some other signs be? at 1 week she was up 9oz from her birth weight and she's getting checked again friday. she doesn't seem to be having any other issues. sometimes she spits up what seems to be a good bit but only after she's been nursing for a really long time so i think she may have just over-done it.

i've never dealt with anything like this and don't even know what all i should avoid to see if that's my problem. obviously milk and cheese and such but what about things like eggs? i'm totally clueless on eliminating things.

Advertisement

Old 12-15-2010, 12:22 PM   #2
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: dairy intolerance

It took us 4 months to resolve the formilk/hindmilk, imbalance and I was off dairy the whole time. My kids are have dairy problems.

If you decide to go off dairy, I would do all trace dairy even casien and whey for 4 weeks, to know for sure it that is it.
Wife for 20 years to Lance Sr. SAHM, homeschooling mom of 7, 4 boys and 3 little girls, Christian 22 , Lance 18 , Philip 12 , James 10 , Princess Princess Catherine 8 Rainbow Baby Reagan 5, Molly and baby Abigail due in March
cupcakewright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:48 PM   #3
Qbit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is it bright green and mucousy or more of a greyish green and frothy?
Qbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
Cathypie
Registered Users
seller

it's bright green. i would say it's just like EBF consistency but the wrong color.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:31 PM   #5
Qbit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I experienced both a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance and a dairy issue at separate times with my DS. When the problem was dairy, his poop was bright green and sometimes looked mucusy.
Qbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:52 PM   #6
almostcrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dairy causes my son to get spinach colored mucousy poo. And horribly painful gas