Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
snorris2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Flips and Flats

Hi there!

I recently bought my cousin a nice little stash for her lo she is expecting in 4 weeks. I think we are almost set.

Here's what we have:

14 Alva newborn pockets
4 thirsties duo size 1
2 blueberry minis (love these)
24 newborn pf's
24 yellow edge GMD
2 wetbags
2 pail liners
2 snappis

I'm about to get 2 dozen cloth wipes to start her out with and a stick of CJ's butter because i love that stuff. I might get a couple more covers too in case she decides to trifold. We'll see.

Now to the questions.

After the new year at some point, i'm going to start working on her OS stash. I'm kind of loving the shopping. I didn't want to do flats at first, but now i'm thinking i might try it. Which flats would you suggest? I've never used them before. I'm thinking i may even sew them up like someone on here posted. This girl needs super easy. I'm trying to help her as much as i can without breaking bank.

I'm open to any and all suggestions!

Advertisement

snorris2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
mrskfs87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Our local cloth store always suggests Panda Tushies but I really like the Sbish flats, personally.

Sent from my iPhone, may cause unnecessary typos.

FEEDBACK & MY BLOG
mrskfs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Flips and Flats

I was thinking a couple more covers too, those thirsties duos are amazing!

I'm the someone who sewed them in the shape of inserts. I used GMD large unbleached organics (birdseye fabric), they actually aren't available right now on their website, they're rectangular and about 33" long. Any flats would work though, especially with a younger baby, the larges are pretty bulky on a newborn.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #4
snorris2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was thinking for after lo outgrows the yellow edge pf's. I think she's almost set for a little bit. Her last baby was so little-right at 6 lbs. My babies were 9 lbs and 10 lbs 3 oz so almost every newborn is tiny to me. Lol!

How long do the yellow edge last? I got them from the seconds sale. I literally couldn't find anything wrong with them, so they were an awesome deal. I bought all the covers used on here and they are all perfect as well. I got the alvas from a mama on ebay that used them for a couple weeks.

Your flat idea was awesome. Flips were my intro into cd'ing and i loved them instantly. Within a week, i had a big enough stash for full time use. I didn't like microfiber though, so that's why i was thinking of the flats and then some organic flips for night time.
snorris2 is offline   Reply With Quote