Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2017, 10:11 AM   #21
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What's for dinner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
I am slowly creating a Pinterest board for it when I see a recipe I think everyone would like. Some of them I think will be big hits I just haven't jumped in yet.
Me too. I've been adding things as I see them. Some look really tasty. I'm getting hungry thinking about it. Lol

Advertisement

Old 06-04-2017, 01:39 PM   #22
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

Tacos / taco salad was lunch. Hamburgers tonight. Salmon, basmati rice, palak paneer tomorrow night.
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:02 PM   #23
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twood80 View Post
Tacos / taco salad was lunch. Hamburgers tonight. Salmon, basmati rice, palak paneer tomorrow night.
This is making me hungry. I want salmon.

Today was chili with beans.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:27 PM   #24
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
This is making me hungry. I want salmon.

Today was chili with beans.
It's just me and my little guy tonight. I am seriously craving a chicken taco salad from the Mexican restaurant down the street and I can't decide if I should give in and go get one or not. This pregnancy has seriously killed my appetite. I'm always hungry but not much sounds good.
kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:10 PM   #25
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I made a turkey dinner on Tuesday so the rest of the week pretty much revolves around meat-extender turkey meals, lol. Today is pot pie. I don't like pot pie, but everyone else loves it. I don't typically like my foods all mixed up.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 05:32 PM   #26
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
It's just me and my little guy tonight. I am seriously craving a chicken taco salad from the Mexican restaurant down the street and I can't decide if I should give in and go get one or not. This pregnancy has seriously killed my appetite. I'm always hungry but not much sounds good.
Down the street! I wouldn't have the will power to resist. I love Mexican food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
I made a turkey dinner on Tuesday so the rest of the week pretty much revolves around meat-extender turkey meals, lol. Today is pot pie. I don't like pot pie, but everyone else loves it. I don't typically like my foods all mixed up.
Yum.

I like pot pie but I do not like my sides all mixed up with my starch or protein. So if you put my beans right on top of my rice you just ruined my plate. It perplexes my family as they like it all together.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:23 AM   #27
margauxe
Registered Users

Hawaiian Pizza for dinner here, not that healthy but satisfies my cravings! Love it!
margauxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:32 PM   #28
abh5e8
Registered Users

Scrambled eggs, sauted summer veggies and cantelope. I also made tacos filling and meatballs, both to freeze and eat next week on vacation.

Anyone have a favorite meal you freeze ahead? I need to come up with a couple more.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2017, 03:55 AM   #29
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by margauxe View Post
Hawaiian Pizza for dinner here, not that healthy but satisfies my cravings! Love it!
I love Hawaiian pizza but never ever have it since no one else in my family likes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
Scrambled eggs, sauted summer veggies and cantelope. I also made tacos filling and meatballs, both to freeze and eat next week on vacation.

Anyone have a favorite meal you freeze ahead? I need to come up with a couple more.

Cube steak and veggies last night. I rarely freeze meals and I really should since it would help with vacations etc.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:44 AM   #30
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post

I freeze meals all the time and have several cookbooks for that specifically, but one of our favorite things to have in the freezer is not meals so much but meat in marinade. It can marinate as it thaws, so it's ready to grill or bake by dinner time. We do mostly chicken breasts, but I usually cut them into smaller pieces first. Super fast to get ready, and delicious too. I pretty much always keep pizza dough in the freezer as well, and sauce and browned sausage, cheese, veggie toppings, or whatever. We do what we call "pizza kits" - a gallon bag full of smaller bags full of pizza parts. The dough I get out in the morning and let it thaw/raise all day, and then put it all together right before dinnertime and bake it.
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote