Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #41
Ardenne
Registered Users
seller

Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Aug 1-7

Hi, ladies! We just got back from our vacation. I hope all of you are doing well -- it's going to take me a bit to catch up, I'm sure!

I did want to go ahead and reply to this, though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFlanagan View Post
I have to say that I have read every post in this thread (and last week's as well) and I feel very guilty even being here. Everyone here is trying so hard to get pregnant, and I have never had that problem. Hell, I've been pregnant 4 times in the last 14 months - it's the staying pregnant part that I apparently suck at.
Please don't feel bad being here. We're all here because the end result -- a take-home baby -- is so difficult for us, regardless of the specifics. And though there are fewer of us with recurrent loss than with difficulty getting pregnant, you're still not alone. In fact, this post could have been mine, earlier this summer, when I had my 4th miscarriage in 14 months.

You're in my heart and prayers. Hang in there, and don't hesitate to come here for support; the ladies here are so truly wonderful. I pray that this time around you'll have a completely healthy, uneventful pregnancy.

Advertisement

Ardenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:09 PM   #42
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Cindy- Well you just gave me hope for IUI Hmm... I'm not sure what to do. I'm so sorry yours are so costly! I wish more insurance companies would help out with infertility issues. I read recently (maybe here?) about states mandating Insurance companies to cover some infertlility, but I looked it up and it seems that insurance companies really don't take it that seriously- CA is a mandated state, but my insurance company covers nothing at all.

Jessica- I'm so sorry. I completely understand body image issues- I'm feeling the same right now- I too gain in my stomach. With Brian's chemo- I haven't had much time to take care of myself though- so I need to try to get back to exercising. I'm so sorry you are having digestion troubles- I know from my own experience, and DH's current experience (nausea, constipation) that it is absolutely miserable!
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:21 PM   #43
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Rebecca: I'm in CA too. The fact that it is state mandated here only means that insurance companies have to make the option of paying for it available to all companies. It does not mandate that a company has to actually provide that option to their employees. It blows!!! My old company paid for IUI. Too bad I don't work full time for them anymore!

Susan: My DD was conceived the old fashioned way. No drugs, no nothing. Just about 6 months of not try and not preventing. DH and I weren't even engaged yet when we conceived. We weren't technically "trying" but I was charting and knew exactly when I was fertile and we didn't care if I got pregnant. I was hoping to get pregnant. :-) We just figured we'd hurry up and get engaged if I did. I never had my progesterone tested or anything. It was a very hands off pregnancy with no ultrasound until 16 weeks. There is no way I could do that now! I am going to need a million ultrasounds to reassure me everything is ok!

Jessica: I'm so sorry! At least you know for sure gluten is a trigger of bad things for you! I'm sure that once you are able to cut it back out you will lose all of that weight. It doesn't sound like fat at all - just bloat. I'm sure that doesn't make you feel any better though. Is you test soon so you can get it over with? Happy birthday!!!

Ardenne: Welcome back!!

Cindy
Old 08-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #44
Fleece Be With You
Registered Users
OperaDiva
seller

Thanks Rebecca! I wish I could say it helped to know someone else was having body issues too, but it just makes me feel bad for you too! I'm sorry your DH is having digestive issues also, are those chemo side effects?

Cindy, I think you're probably right that it's not fat it's water weight and massive inflammation response in my body. It does help a little because hopefully it will go away as quickly as it came! The test is in 12 days, if I make it that long.
Jessica, wife to L (8-5-05) Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, CDing, ECing, babywearing Mama to H (9-18-09), my miracle baby! TTC #2!
I make and sell Fleece side-snap ConvertoTrainers! WAHM page Hyenacart Facebook Page
My Ovulation Chart
Fleece Be With You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:24 AM   #45
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Woke up this morning bleeding....it's only 10DPO....nothing on the liner but everytime I wipe there's alot....
Old 08-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #46
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy
Woke up this morning bleeding....it's only 10DPO....nothing on the liner but everytime I wipe there's alot....
Susan I hate to give false hope, but is there any chance it's IB? How long is your normal luetal phase?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:17 PM   #47
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Hugs Susan! I hope it's IB too! Fingers crossed!

Cindy
Old 08-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #48
NCFlanagan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
NCFlanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #49
sdavis514
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey gang! I am pretty out of the loop. I know it has been over a month since I posted. We were on vacation for a while and since I got back, it has been busy, busy, busy!

Susan : Fingers crossed for you !

Jessica: Sorry you are feeling so bad It is good that you are hopefully gonna know that it is definitely the gluten that trigger it though!

Heather: Seems you have been busy since the ILs moved in! Hope all is well.

I have to catch up on what is going on with everyone else still.

AFM: I finally had my appt with the new OBGYN office this past Monday. It was really nice that someone finally listened to me and took me seriously. My appt was with a NP but she was so nice. She gave me Provera to end this long cycle. She also ordered bloodwork and got me an appt with the OB for Aug 22.

I have had a pretty good week since I feel like I am actually getting someplace. Then the office called with my bloodwork results. The nurse said everything was normal (?). the tests ordered were insulin resistance (glucose), free testosterone, progesterine and thyroid. On one hand, I am glad it is normal but now I don't have any explaination as to why I have not been ovulating. I was sure that I was insulin resistant - feel better since I started the low carb diet, and most importantly, my dad was a serious diabetic and died from it when I was in middle school. But the test says no. Also after I had DS, I had a thyriod problem but now that seems normal too. So I am kinda afraid that they may tell me that I don't have PCOS but something else or that they won't know.

I asked the NP if she was going to order blood work for all the hormones ( FSH, LH, etc.) but they had a copy of when I had it done before so she said no. I asked " Don't you think they could have changed since that test was 6 years and a successful pregnancy ago?" She said no (?) so I am confused. I guess that maybe she will leave that up to the OB to check on certain CDs, huh? I am really hoping to try Clomid this next couple of cycles before my insurance is up. I am so ready to be pregnant!!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 08:24 PM   #50
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sarah- welcome back. Glad you had a nice vacation. You can request your NP drawing them again. I am sure she will if you really insisted. I hope you can get your clomid and get preggers asap!!!

Susan- FXed!!!

NCflanagan-- Seriously girl do not feel bad. I personally think I would have a harder time getting pregnant and having losses than not being able to conceive at all. Hugs momma.

REbecca- so glad you guys are on your way back to normal life without chemo. Are you planning an IUI any time soon??? How much sperm did you guys bank.... not sure how all that works exactly I guess.

Cindy- boo for af so sorry.

AFM: just waiting to O.... probably tuesday or wed I guess. I have been sick again. one of the docs I work with chewed me out yesterday and was just rude to me for not seeing patients fast enough!! I was so upset. I should have just stayed home but when you are a provider and you work in a ER it's horrible to work short staffed so I bucked it up and went in. He normally isn't mean either but he was so rude and I started crying! I felt like such an emotional cry baby. it was bad. Last week i worked WHILE miscarrying... this week I feel sick and I at least attempted to show up and he just was a jerk. grrrrrrrr..... but it's over and it's a new week. I feel like my family has gotten sick a lot in the last six months and it's really starting to wear me out. Hoping once the school year starts things will finally start to normalize a bit.

when do all your other kiddos start school? This is my first time having a kid in school....
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote