Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2009, 10:08 PM   #1
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Please Advise! 9 month old won't nurse???

Things have been going great and now suddenly my son is refusing to nurse.He will literally make a "yuck" face. He nursed only one time today (this morning) and very briefly.

I was hurting SO bad a few hours ago that I pumped (ended up with 10 ounces before my breast felt like they were deflating )
Should I try giving this to him in a bottle or cup?

Anyhoo,PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do.This is the third day and I am really worried he isn't getting enough to eat/drink. Even in the dead of night he refuses to nurse.I did get him to latch on one time last night but he didn't even take the "My boob is going to explode" feeling away.

I am off to go google and see if I can find info but thought I would post here too.

Advertisement

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:15 PM   #2
shelbell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please Advise! 9 month old won't nurse???

Check kellymom.com but it sounds like a strike. Do you know if he has an ear infection or is he teething? Sometimes ear pain or even teething pain can make them strike. Just keep offering, especially when he's sleppy and he'll be back at it before you know it. Oh, and you can offer your milk in a cup and keep pumping to keep up your supply.
shelbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:18 PM   #3
ericsgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was thinking teething or ears as well. I would pump and offer it to him in a cup, as the PP said, and hopefully he will get back to it soon! I know my friend went through this several times with her DD around that age, but they are still going at 2.5 years! Good luck!
Old 02-17-2009, 10:18 PM   #4
MamaF
Registered Users

My Mood:

how much solids is he getting and have you always offered the boob before or after solids?

I don't know, but i have heard that some who get solids before being offered the boob give up the boob faster.

with my daughter i found the more she ate with solids the less she wanted the boob (even with me offering the boob first then giving her solids).

Just giving you some ideas..I have not clue and am not trained at all...just what i've heard and experienced to give you ideas.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:21 PM   #5
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

He IS teething! 4 teeth total are popping through his gum.....

He hasn't seemed fussy so I hadn't been giving him anything for his teeth (other than stuff to gnaw on)

I'll try giving him some of these teething tabs and see if it helps.I'll also check out the site mentioned.Thanks so much!

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote