Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
tmrobinson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Going from 2 to 3?

We are planning on trying for our third and final baby later this summer/early fall. I don't need to convince dh into a third, he wants a third but is a little worried. Right now he sees how our two really drain me after a day and is worried how I will handle them while pregnant and afterwards. I don't have difficult pregnancies but am pretty sick and have migraines during the first trimester of both previous pregnancies but feel pretty good after 12-15 weeks. Also he is commuting over an hour to work each way right now for at least the rest of the year so it's not like he would be able to get home real quick if I was honestly not feeling well. This also means that I would have both girls with me for my doctor's appointments too. So, is going from two to three kids really a lot harder than from one to two? I am a little worried about the beginning of the pregnancy but not really after that. My oldest will be in preschool 3 mornings a week too so I would have a little bit of a break and she tends to be the more high maintenance of the two.

Advertisement

tmrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
AshleyS.03
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Going from 2 to 3?

Both of my kids pregnancies were a piece of cake. This one however I was literally sick for the first 5 months. There were days when DD had to miss school (preschool) because I would be so so sick I couldn't drive and DH couldn't come home from work to take her. Anyway, I asked the "how will it work, what do you do" questions so many times before getting pregnant. Now that I am pregnant it is my reality and everything just falls into place. I have always taken both kids to dr. appointments with me. They aren't long appointments so you don't have to worry about that. With your oldest being in preschool it will give you a little break and with only having one at home you can rest easier. You'll do fine. It is just the same as going from none to one and one to two, when it is your reality you can't imagine anything different.
*Ashley* married to my HS sweetheart and US Marine *03*.Mommy of one DD *05*,DS *06* and due *9/16* with DS #2.one angel baby in heaven *09*
AshleyS.03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:31 AM   #3
blessedw2pink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Every pregnancy is different! LOL! It is true.

My first was rough only at the end with the Pre-e. My second was rough the first two semesters and then mild pre-e. So I thought I could handle the last. Boy was it rough!!!!

But really you never ever know.

And I completely agree, things will fall into place. I think it is a lot easier to go from 2 to 3 than 1 to 2.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:22 AM   #4
anniep78
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I took all 3 of my older kids to almost all of my dr appointments last time and it worked well. I think for us going from 1 to 2 was the hardest by far. Good luck!
anniep78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #5
The*Fab*Four
Mama behind Jem*Jam Customs!
Formerly: Jem*Jam Customs
seller
seller

My Mood:

It was easier for me to go from 2 to 3 than 1 to 2.

DD#1 and dd#2 are 19 months apart. Then there is almost 4 years between dd#2 and dd#3.

We are TTC right now so 3 and 4 will be 19 months apart again.
J{4.04}, J{11.05}, J {8.09}, J {3.11}
Sweet Baby Girl J will arrive the week of May 12th {34w} due to a Placenta Percreta.
The*Fab*Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:30 AM   #6
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It was easier going from 2-3 for me, than going from 1-2. I took my girls to most of my appointments, unless DH was off or work on a day that I had an appt, then I went by myself. I usually have bad "all day" sickness for about half of my pregnancy. Then with the last two I had GD, so it was a little rough but now that DD3 is 16m it's like that went by so fast, and hard to remember.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:38 AM   #7
raelynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Going from 2 to 3 was very hard for us, but I attribute it to the fact that my first 2 were 6.5yrs apart. So when #2 was born, my oldest was at school, so I could nap with him, etc. When #3 came, not only was I having to get up with my oldest to get her to school, but I had a toddler who wasn't napping much and would destroy the house if I fell asleep on the couch or somewhere. I think I went through what most moms experience when they have their 2nd, when I had my 3rd. Except for the whole having to get up with an alarm clock at 6:45 for school thing.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:28 AM   #8
lipstickshells
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Weird. I thought 1-2 was easy peasy. 2 hands, 2 parents...

2-3 was the hardest for me, honestly. But my 2nd and 3rd are 13 mos apart, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. 2 down at the same time? Pretty good shot. 3 down for a nap at the same time? HARD. Juggling 2 in a parking lot? Easy. 3? I always hope my kids are feeling very cooperative. lol.
lipstickshells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:06 PM   #9
ralenth
Registered Users

I found going from 2 to 3 more difficult than 1 to 2, BUT when I had 2, if I had a rough night or morning, we just stayed home and napped or relaxed or whatever. When I went from 2 to 3, the kids had school, activities, etc. So, I couldn't just stay home. I also had less help from DH and other family members, so it was harder on me. But managable... and in all honesty? I have had the chance to enjoy my third more than I did the other two. They were so close together, the time just flew by. My third is home alone with me a lot, and I get to enjoy the time we have.