Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-03-2010, 01:08 PM   #11
vjbakke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: "20 Reasons I Did Not Circumcise My Son"

Thanks and WoW that was very eye opening! I wish someone would have showed me something like that 6 years ago when DS was born. At that time I didn't think twice about having it done to him... now I feel sad that I did let it happen

Advertisement

vjbakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #12
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

why another circing thread...
Old 06-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #13
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Awesome! My first son is very regrettably circ'ed, thankful I learned he had a choice and I did better by him!
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:52 PM   #14
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennym91005 View Post
why another circing thread...
She did say for intactivist mamas or those debating it. It's not just a random thread but she's sharing info. Why do people always complain about discussion on here? I don't get that. It IS a discussion forum, if we never posted anything because person A, B, or C didn't like it, no one would ever chat. [this wasn't directed right at you. I just see people saying similar things all the time.]
Old 06-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #15
wooly_wonderful
Registered Users
Formerly: lxl***ca
seller

My Mood:

Thanks! Great info, I'll have to print it and keep it for reference.
wooly_wonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #16
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
She did say for intactivist mamas or those debating it. It's not just a random thread but she's sharing info. Why do people always complain about discussion on here? I don't get that. It IS a discussion forum, if we never posted anything because person A, B, or C didn't like it, no one would ever chat. [this wasn't directed right at you. I just see people saying similar things all the time.]
well, b/c there are always so many of the same threads. right now there is a million page thread on the 10 reasons not to circ your son in the pregnancy section (i think its there). and its always the same discussion over and over. its anticircing moms putting down circing moms.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:32 PM   #17
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennym91005 View Post
well, b/c there are always so many of the same threads. right now there is a million page thread on the 10 reasons not to circ your son in the pregnancy section (i think its there). and its always the same discussion over and over. its anticircing moms putting down circing moms.

Nope, I don't judge anyone for their decisions. Nor was I eliciting a debate on the topic (which I do agree has been drug through the mud in many threads). I was simply sharing a NEW link that hadn't been shared before that I thought other like-minded mamas might want to see. I did say right in the first sentence that it was for intactavists and those who were on the fence who might like more info, so if you circ'd and are happy with your decision you don't need to bother reading it, then.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:00 AM   #18
Terra
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeinstarrz View Post
Nope, I don't judge anyone for their decisions. Nor was I eliciting a debate on the topic (which I do agree has been drug through the mud in many threads). I was simply sharing a NEW link that hadn't been shared before that I thought other like-minded mamas might want to see. I did say right in the first sentence that it was for intactavists and those who were on the fence who might like more info, so if you circ'd and are happy with your decision you don't need to bother reading it, then.
This. 'No one can make you inferior without your consent.' I really need to put that in my siggy. Some people are perfectly fine with their choice, no problem, it's their family. Some of us really regret it and choose differently the next the time. Some are debating. So new links are always good for those of us who like to keep information handy or those still debating within themselves.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:19 AM   #19
crunch!910
Registered Users

I have a family friend. In fact, she is "aunt" to my DS because we've known her since she was in diapers and she's like a sister to us. Anywho... this person made the comment one time that "if I had a boy, he'd be circed because why woudl anyone do that to their kid? his peepee would be ugly!" I showed her this link and a video I had... I think if she had an oops pregnancy, she'd reconsider the whole circ thing. At least, I'd hope so. She certainly couldn't argue back against ALLL that information and the video. I also posted it on my facebook, and PRO circ family I think might be coming around to the fact that my next boy WILL be intact!
Old 06-06-2010, 01:22 AM   #20
MyLovely
Registered Users

Thanks for this! Not that my stance against circumcision needed any reaffirmation, but every time I read blogs like that it gives me the warm fuzzies that I learned about circ long before having kids, so I'll never have to deal with the regret of circ'ing. I really commend you mamas who admit that circ'ing previous sons was a mistake, and decide to leave future sons intact. "When you know better, you do better"