Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-06-2011, 01:39 PM   #21
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:
Re: For those dealing with recurrent, constant thrush...there IS hope!!! (and benefit

The candex worked!! Where months of diflucan did not the candex cleared it up!!!

(BTW did you know diflucan can damage your liver?)

Advertisement

Last edited by Joyful Tie Dyes; 05-06-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #22
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For those dealing with recurrent, constant thrush...there IS hope!!! (and benefit

I knew that about Diflucan.

I'm using the Candex too. Love it.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #23
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

Wow, I wish I had found this thread wayyyy earlier. I'm off to research. Thanks ladies.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:27 AM   #24
burgler
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks so much. I have been battling this for the first 7 weeks of my DS's life, and was wondering if it would just go on forever . . .
Old 06-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #25
frenchyloveslarry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

subbing this is awesome info!!
Old 06-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #26
HillbillyMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Anyone with Thrush in your mouths? I have been battling it for 4 weeks (after massive amts of antibiotics for uterine infection after stat c section) and its driving me insane! I also have a slight case "down south" too....have been taking diflucan for a month now, and its starting to clear....Wonder if these things would work for this, too??

Join me at Viewpoint, to make $$$ taking simple surveys!!!
HillbillyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #27
1blessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyMama View Post
Anyone with Thrush in your mouths? I have been battling it for 4 weeks (after massive amts of antibiotics for uterine infection after stat c section) and its driving me insane! I also have a slight case "down south" too....have been taking diflucan for a month now, and its starting to clear....Wonder if these things would work for this, too??
OP here. I actually realized that I had thrush in my own mouth twice (for a few days at a time) during our battles. It wasn't visibly noticable, but I could feel it and I instantly knew what it was. Of course I was taking all my prevention/treatment measures so I'm sure they helped.
1blessedmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #28
1blessedmama
Registered Users
seller

OP here! I haven't been around in a while but was thrilled to see how many people have been helped by this!! It's certainly a battle. I thought I'd update my OP with more detailed, accurate information on what we did (outside of the regular recommendations on dealing with thrush). Here is the link to the post on my blog about it (will add to the OP as well):
http://joyfilledmama.blogspot.com/20...ould-have.html
Old 07-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #29
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

I'm so glad I found this. DS is 1 wk old now and I'm starting to suspect yeast. I talked to lactation nurse this morning and she says it's either yeast or plugged ducts or a combo of both. So today I boiled my nursing pads, I pumped to drain out my ducts (felt WAY better after that, not so engorged), and I started a vinegar spray for after feeding. I can't get candex here ( I suppose I could order online) so I sent Dh to the drugstore for some brand of probiotic supplement, I'll get that when he comes home from work today.

What were your symptoms? I have knife stabbing pain at first latch, and some shooting pains into the breast while nursing. Most of it is at the first latch. Especially bad on my right side.
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #30
1blessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawheid View Post
What were your symptoms? I have knife stabbing pain at first latch, and some shooting pains into the breast while nursing. Most of it is at the first latch. Especially bad on my right side.
It varied for me, and also depended on how soon I'd catch it. Sometimes I would start out just having pain when they'd nurse (kinda like they were using their teeth, but they weren't). It would only get worse from there. Other times I'd just notice my nipples and/or breasts start getting sort of itchy. And other times I'd just SEE them start to get pink and kind of "shiny" around the base of my nipples. Only once did I actually feel it deep inside my breasts (a burning feeling).

As it would progress, I'd have pain and burning during/after nursing, and oftentimes my breasts would get REALLY itchy.