Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #31
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Re: For those dealing with recurrent, constant thrush...there IS hope!!! (and benefit

hmmm maybe I do have yeast. I was really hoping that it would just be engorgement. A little bit ago I nursed on the right side (a couple hours after pumping), the pain was still there, but a little less. Since the pain didn't go away after pumping I'm thinking yeast. The thing is that it has hurt pretty much since he was one day old. Could I have got yeast that quick? Now that DS is sleeping my nipples are kind of tingly, does this make sense?

Advertisement

Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #32
1blessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: For those dealing with recurrent, constant thrush...there IS hope!!! (and benefit

Is the pain in your breast or nipple? That kind of sounds like it might be a latch issue since you have a new little one and it's been hurting since you started. Or if it's in a localized area (usually on the underside of the breast) it may be a clogged duct (from not completely emptying the breast, and pumping often contributes).
1blessedmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #33
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

The pain starts in the nipple and then shoots into the breast. I really don't think it's a clogged duct. I really think that it's latch or yeast. I have the worst time getting my entire nipple into his mouth initially. I have to relatch at least once. Do you think he might need that thing under his tongue clipped? How would I know if it might be that?
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:36 PM   #34
srkobus
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

bumping this up. did anyone try the fivelac instead, it seems cheaper on amazon and has the same bacteria strains?
Old 10-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #35
ThreadsThatBind
Registered Users
Formerly: Lucy'sMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by srkobus View Post
bumping this up. did anyone try the fivelac instead, it seems cheaper on amazon and has the same bacteria strains?
I realize this post is old, so hopefully NOT helpful to you. But for anyone else struggling, YES the fivelac works great too. I usually buy whichever is cheaper at the time I'm ordering. But I am careful to "wean" down to the threelac when switching, because some people have had trouble with a flair up during the switch.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:50 PM   #36
moobiegirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I realize this is an old post but the blog link doesn't work anymore and I am looking for ways to deal with a long bout of thrush. Hoping that the original poster sees this. Thanks

Anybody know the regimen to take threelac and candex together?
Old 01-17-2014, 08:08 AM   #37
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not the original poster, but I've been on this thread a lot.

I have no clue what else I posted and I'm too lazy to go look. Here is where I am now...

I dealt with yeast/thrush on my nips through 6 kids and 8 years. No, I'm not exaggerating. It ended my nursing relationship with my first at 6 months. I exclusively pumped for 4 more months. That hurt too, but not as badly. I saw several doctors and LC's. The doctor said it wasn't yeast because the nystatin (a topical treatment) worked but it came back within a week of starting it....ummm...that is because it wasn't strong enough! Anyway, it started almost immediately with my first set of twins. It lasted through the whole thing with a few breaks from it after aggressive Diflucan treatment, but it always came back. I had many types of treatment including meds and topicals and everything in between. I cried through many, many nursings. Again, I saw doctors and LC's. I did have thrush, several agreed with me. It's just no one could get it to go away forever. With my second set of twins, I suffered again and went through the same as above many tears and tons of pain. Both sets of twins were weaned at 16 months because I couldn't take the pain anymore.

Then, I had my 6th baby. As usual, it started pretty early. I thought I was determined to get rid of it before, but when I had my 6th, I was REALLY, REALLY determined. I looked into grapefruit seed extract. I took it orally and topically and put some in my laundry. I also took a strong probiotic, but I don't think that is what did the trick even though it may have helped. I was aggressive with the grapefruit seed. The thrush would go away while on it and then if I started to slip with my consistency, it came back. There was a VERY clear connection. I keep at it with the grapefruit seed.

I don't know when it stopped, but I haven't had pain in months! My baby is 15.5 months and nursing strong with me in no pain. It's amazing and wonderful! It's probably been about 6 months since I took any grapefruit seed extract and since I had any pain. That stuff is truly magic.

BTW - The Candex/Three Lac ultimately didn't work. It started to help, but like everything else, it didn't last.

During the 8 years I battled yeast on my nips, I also battled it vaginally. I haven't had vaginal yeast in the last 6 months either. I feel truly and finally "cured" from my yeast.

If you need some links to Dr. Jack Newman's page with info on taking the grapefruit seed extract (notice the SEED, not just grapefruit extract...it's different) or links to the exact products I took (and still keep on hand), let me know. PM me if I don't reply. I have a lot going on right now.

So, my advice, go straight to the grapefruit seed extract. Good luck!!