Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-04-2010, 06:14 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Galveston/Texas city... allergies?

Wondering if there are any TX coastal mamas, and how you feel about allergies in your area? I grew up in Bay City and don't particularly remember being plagued by allergies as a kid. As soon as I went off to school in Austin though, they struck. When dh and I moved to DFW, I was falling down dizzy all the time. But now here in Houston, I feel like we're literally in the allergy capital of the world! It really affects all 4 of my lo's too. I am so, so sick of it that I'm ready to move! Dh however likes his job, lol. I've tested and although I am technically allergic to many pollens, it's only "mild" on all of them, which I don't think should ruin my life.

Just wondering if you live in Galveston (or around coast somewhere), how does it compare? I know it's hot and humid, but I guess I'm kinda hoping the salty air coming off the water helps? But please, be brutally honest!

kaymurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Galveston/Texas city... allergies?

I have lived around the coastal areas all my life (Port Arthur, TX and now Kemah) and I have never had any problems with allergies and my LOs haven't either.
kktegan is offline   Reply With Quote