Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
NavyMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Refusing to Latch?

I need some nursing help! My DS is 11 days old and we're starting to have issues nursing. I have a really good supply and let down so when I put him to the breast I'm usually already squirting milk everywhere and he just lays there and laps it up. I guess it's enough to satiate him because while sometimes I can get him latched on after the initial let down sometimes I can't. I don't really want to pump before I nurse because I don't want to start producing even more milk and have to stick with pumping.

The other issue we're having is that he's not nursing nearly as much as I would like for him to. We're lucky if he gets on well once every 4 hours or so but honestly it's more like every 6 hours. The ped isn't worried because he's gaining weight like a champ (already regained everything lost, and 6 ozs over his birth weight), but it's uncomfortable for me to go that long, plus I think it's leading to the let down issues above. I've tried everything I know to stimulate him and he's often awake, but just not interested in eating. Any help / advice?

Thanks SO much in advance! Nursing with DD wasn't nearly as successful as I wanted it to be and I really want it to work out this time around!

Advertisement