Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-05-2010, 09:15 PM   #11
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: When you NIP........

Depends on what im wearing most of the time it is under but i do have a few nursing tops that have nursing openings but it does cover the top

Advertisement

momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:17 PM   #12
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Under, it's just easier that way for me. At home I'll go over my shirt depending on what I'm wearing, but I'm less clumsy if I'm under my shirt.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:18 PM   #13
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I either wear nursing camis, nursing tops, or v-neck shirts when in public, so however way they open.
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #14
Jessi621
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would always pull my shirt up. I'd either wear those tummy control underwear that go up to your bra, or a cami that I'd pull down. So belly and boob were both covered. Right now ds is only nursing before nap and bed, so I haven't had to nip for a while.
Proud Army wife and sahm to The Chickie 2/26/05, The Monkey 6/13/08 and The Little Miss 8/15/10 Due in Aug with #4
Jessi621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:50 AM   #15
Sillebille
Registered Users
seller

tank or belly band (I love these!) or I nurse in a wrap.
I usually do not use a cover. Depending on the location I cover with a flat.
I don't see why I should not cover up with too many people around (restaurant) just bc I am allowed to nurse. Not everyone feels comfortable to see much skin or parts of a breast.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:26 AM   #16
Ellowyn
Registered Users

My Mood:

I always go under my shirt. I feel naked if I go from the top down.

If I'm in a public place that I think someone might be uncomfortable, I drape a thin, airy aden and anais blanket over my shoulder. Probably more to make me comfortable. I've never had any issues with NIP. I try to be discreet and the little blanket totally says to everyone, "yes, I'm nursing a baby, but I don't want to offend you!"
Old 06-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #17
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I usually go under the shirt, and am almost always wearing a Cami. On the other hand, I don't wear tube top style outfits, but if I did I wouldn't hesitate to go over!
Old 06-06-2010, 11:52 AM   #18
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

I ussually use a cover but its for my comfort more than anything else (and my LO is less distracted that way) however I also have a DH that freeks out if I NIP it seriously bugs him though I know he doesn't want it too. and its the sheer idea. SO it doesn't matter how descrete I am the idea that some stanger might guess I'm nursing weirds him out. Like I could say exccuse me while I go into the bathroom to nurse (I wont jsut saying) and hes panic cause someone might see me walkout with a hungry crying baby and not return for 15 mintues and guess.... Yea its frustrating to say the least.

Deanna

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #19
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommy View Post
I ussually use a cover but its for my comfort more than anything else (and my LO is less distracted that way) however I also have a DH that freeks out if I NIP it seriously bugs him though I know he doesn't want it too. and its the sheer idea. SO it doesn't matter how descrete I am the idea that some stanger might guess I'm nursing weirds him out. Like I could say exccuse me while I go into the bathroom to nurse (I wont jsut saying) and hes panic cause someone might see me walkout with a hungry crying baby and not return for 15 mintues and guess.... Yea its frustrating to say the least.

Deanna
My husband was like that with the first baby. But, now, he doesn't care. He's over it just like I am. Baby has to eat and that's that. As a matter of fact, I just recently asked him if he would feel comfortable with it if I stopped using my cover at all. He said he didn't care. I ordered some nursing tops to help me be discrete about it.

I always go under. I usually have a nursing tank on under. I have large breasts and I could never get my shirt pulled down far enough from the top without ruining the shirt. I've never understood how anyone does that.

Anyway, I've always wondered what the big deal about NIP is too. I mean, I've seen tons of woman do it, but I've never seen any real amount of breast showing. Strange that it is an issue.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:01 PM   #20
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Under my shirt. With dd's big head all you'd see is a little tummy on one side.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote