Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
Boheme
Registered Users
Formerly: happyve**n
seller

My Mood:
Sore breasts right after Ovulation related to TTC problems?

This is long, I'm so sorry....

I've NEVER had sore breasts as a PMS symptom, and even when PG I wouldn't start getting sore until 6-8 weeks.

That is, until last August, the month I conceived. My breasts got EXTREMELY sore within 2 days of ovulating. I knew that it couldn't be from a pregnancy because it was too early, but then when I actually got that BFP, I figured that maybe my calculation was off and it was a pg symptom after all.

My breasts were painful until about 10.5 weeks, exactly a week before I m/c. So, yeah, maybe a pg symptom.

Except.

Every single cycle since the m/c, I've had painful breasts. Like, I can't stand for them to be touched. From a day or two after ovulation until I start my period, maybe a day or two after.

I also haven't been able to get pg in all this time, despite wanting to and timing things just right.

I would think it was just my body recovering from the m/c if this mysterious symptom hadn't started before the pg. As it is, I felt uneasy about the sore breasts from the time it all started, before implantation.

I fear that the sore breasts have something to do with a hormone imbalance of some sort (maybe due to the Maca I took last year to get pg), and moreover I think that the imbalance may have caused the m/c last fall or at least made conditions unfavorable. Maybe it was just bad luck that I got pg on that cycle, when something was going wrong with my hormones.

I've talked to DH about it but I'm afraid to really come right out and say how much I want to be pg again. It's kind of like...as long as nobody knows how much I want it, it won't hurt as bad when it doesn't happen.

I'm not ready to go get testing done, as I don't really know where to go or how to get it paid for. And I'm not ready to "officially" have a problem.

I thought about trying to monitor my cycle with ovulation tests (do the dollar store ones work?) to see if I can get a better idea of when things are happening. Or even temping again (does it work if I get up to pee 2x a night?).

I've looked into Vitex and progesterone cream, because the sore breasts, severe PMS, and irregular periods point to an estrogen dominance issue. I've started b12 and b6 supps already, just in case.

Does ANYBODY have the "sore breasts after ovulation" thing happening? Are there any ideas? Thoughts? Encouragement?

I thought my days of TTC troubles were past me.

Advertisement

Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sore breasts right after Ovulation related to TTC problems?

I never thought of sore breasts as related to TTC troubles. I have low progesterone/luteal phase defect, but very regular cycles - and my breasts become very sore the DAY that I ovulate, and stay that way till AF arrives. I used to chart when TTC my DD, and since having her I get very noticeable ovulation pains, so I know it's the exact day I ovulate.

Curious to see what others have to say about this... I always just assumed it was somewhat normal to have sore breasts during the luteal phase, but maybe I'm wrong!!
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
kais_momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Breast tenderness can be totally normal during ovulation! And your body can decide that it wants to try a new normal at anytime.

I've not heard of it being connected to TTC issues either.
kais_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
mommymandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't ever heard of it being related to TTC problems... tender breasts around O time to AF is totally normal your body may have just changed a bit, kwim? I wouldn't worry

www.AmandaGreene.OrigamiOwl.com
"You tell stories with words, we tell stories with jewelry"
mommymandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well mine has gotten dramatically worse over time since I removed my IUD and started TTC and now NTNP. It's awful, almost worse than PMS. I hate it! I swear, right before AF I get sore boobs, then right right after O, so basically every 2wks my boobs are in severe pain. I don't know that I would say I have TTC problems, at least nothing diagnosed, but I haven't acheived pregnancy in this 19month period of time but we aren't like full fledged TTC with charting. Just timing DTD and watching body signs...
Old 06-07-2010, 10:19 PM   #6
Boheme
Registered Users
Formerly: happyve**n
seller

My Mood:

Wow, this is great to hear!! I was especially concerned because I went from no boob pain EVER, to severe soreness pretty much every two weeks, for two weeks at a time. And since it coincided with a m/c and no bfp in 5 months of trying for one...well, a girl's gonna worry!

I did take Maca for cycle days 1-14 the month I first got breast pain (which was also when I got pg). I didn't put it all together until recently. Maca is known to have pretty quick hormonal effects. Perhaps the effects are lasting?

I actually read somewhere, a medical journal article or something, that "frontal" boob pain was a sign of "estrogen dominance" while side boob pain meant ovulation had occurred. But mine mostly hurt everywhere, so who knows. *sigh*

Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #7
skeddy
Registered Users

Boheme,

I know that this thread is super outdated by now, but I was wondering if you had an update? My story reads nearly identical to yours (minus the Maca) - never had painful breasts until a few cycles ago when I think I early miscarried. Now, I have them from ovulation all the way through the start of my period. I've been wondering the same - if it's an imbalance caused by the m/c or if my body suddenly changed? In the past, I've talked to my Dr about hormone levels, but I'm under the impression that it's something you have to test often and over time for, to be able to compare against your previous levels?

Anyway, just wondering how your story played out, as I'm dealing with something so similar to you.

Smiles!
skeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:20 AM   #8
angelacez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have it too. Some months are worse than others. But still it's from O to AF. Perfectly normal.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:56 AM   #9
skeddy
Registered Users

Thank you, Angela! It made me feel like my body was going a little crazy, from zero pain then O to AF. Bodies are complicated (and confusing)!
skeddy is offline   Reply With Quote