Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2007, 03:07 PM   #1
bugsyboo
Banned
seller

potty training

I have been working on ds to potty train for a month now and he understands he needs to go potty in the toilet and actually pees and poops in it. I think its great that he is 17 month old and almost potty trained. of course, i get bashed all the time bcuz everyone says he is way too young that they didnt start till 18-20 months. why cant ppl be happy that he hates having a wet/dirty tushie! if he does do poo or pee in his diaper, he tells me and wants it off.

Advertisement

bugsyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #2
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

Re: potty training

wow that is great!!
that is young for a boy but whoa, good for hiM!!!!
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:09 PM   #3
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's great!
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:58 PM   #4
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

You get bashed all the time because people can't understand the difference between "normal" and "average". Average just means that they collect the ages of a bunch of children when they hit a milestone, add them together and divide that total by the number of children surveyed. That's the average, but there's nothing wrong with the kids who hit the milestone before or after the "average". Normal means that anything outside the parameter may be cause for concern. I had sort of the same thing when DD didn't start teething until 10 months old. I thought it was great because she didn't bite me when we nursed, but the IL's were all kinds of concerned. I think you are so lucky that your DS is ready to potty train at such a young age.
ceilismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:05 PM   #5
SAHMLamar
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations. Feel free to pass any tips my way. My almost 3 year old dd has been not wanting to PL.
SAHMLamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:16 AM   #6
bugsyboo
Banned
seller

^hehe, i dont know what im doing really.

I guess you really need to learn your childs schedule on when you know she/he is going to pee or poo. and the expressions too. ever since daniel was around 10 months we told him that he needed to go like daddy and mami in the toilet. and everytime he was going poo, i knew it and i would ask him if hes going. around 13 months he started wanting to rip off his diapers when wet. so we got him a toilet at christmas when he 16 months. he immediately took in to it bcuz liked the idea of sitting in the toilet like mami and daddy. most of the time, i sit in the toilet too since he gets the point. now he doesnt need mami to sit with him. all i say is you want go to the potty and he runs to the bathroom.
bugsyboo is offline   Reply With Quote