Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2007, 03:13 PM   #1
marisal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone have experience with co-sleepers?

I was considering an Arms Reach mini co-sleeper for our NB that is due late May (I have officially entered early nesting mode) and was curious about people's experiences with them. We have a son that is 2 and we used a bassinet and carseat for him when he was teensy, that is when he wasn't sleeping with us. Is the Arms Reach a good cosleeper? Did you have it and find it useless? Did you prefer some other brand that wasn't as expensive? Is it not that expensive? Any thoughts you have would be great.
Thanks.
Marisa

Advertisement

marisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:16 PM   #2
For The Love Of Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: tmolly
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone have experience with co-sleepers?

I loved mine! You could probably get by with a side crib, snuggly tied to your bedframe to prevent the baby getting trapped between mattresses.

The co sleeper was slightly lower than my matress so I could put my hand down and insert pacifier or give a back pat. Or check breathing. I am always so nervous.

The leg extensions are not great because they make it wobbly.
For The Love Of Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

I love my mini co sleeper! It has the extension pieces on the legs and I don't find it wobbly at all-very secure actually! I actually prefer to have the baby in my arms, but I try to have the baby in the cosleeper cuz it makes the transition easier for the baby when it comes time for them to go to their forever family. I had the full size co sleeper, but the mini one fits in my bedroom much better than the full size one did. The full size one also turns into a pack n play as well so you can use it after your little one starts moving too much to be in the co sleeper. I do find the sheets very pricey, but when I used the full size one I was able to use a pillow case on the mattress and it fit great-the mini one you can't do that b/c of the way the mattress is attached to the bottom with straps and velcro.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:45 PM   #4
dreamtiger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have the full size co sleeper and it's very nice. I only use it in the beginning of the night when I first put her to bed... the first time she wakes up in the night, I grab her and put her next to me on our queen bed, and then she stays there. But it is really nice for me psychologically to have that little bit of distance from her in the bginning of the night so I can "breathe" and snuggle with my DH :smile:
also, I can rest easy putting DD right next to the edge of the bed because if she fell over, she would fall into the co-sleeper which is only a little bit below the bed.
HTH

wife to DH Chris and mom to beautiful Esther 8/12/06
dreamtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 04:08 PM   #5
jax
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we were going to get the arm's reach co-sleeper but the store was all out and since DS came 2 weeks early we were in a pinch for sleeping arrangements. DH wound up getting a port-a-crib. I am glad that he got it instead of the co-sleeper because the height is adjustable and goes higher than the co-sleeper so it is almost even with our mattress. The co-sleeper would have been too low even with the leg extensions. Also, it was less expensive and I think better looking because it is wood with wood slats instead of plastic with the mesh walls.
jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:27 PM   #6
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

I have an Arms Reach and I really liked it. I didn't use it much for having the baby sleep next to me at night, I just had him in the bed with me most of the time. But, I did use it when he would nap. Since it was basically an extension of our bed, he would sleep well in there because he was used to the sounds and smells our our bedroom already.

I don't think I'd pay full price for one since I didn't use it THAT much. I found mine in brand new condition at Once Upon a Child for $60, so I snatched it up.

Look on eBay for one gently used maybe. I do like having something next to the bed, but I don't know if you NEED to spend that much.

HTH!
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #7
zionnecherub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I totally regret not buying mine before he was born. I was trying to be cheap, but broke down and bought the mini at 2 months. It was great!!! But my ds learned to climb out at 4.5 months. We should have gotten the full size one so he could sleep in the bottom as he grew. The bummer to this story is that I sold it to a lady in France on ebay and it never arrived, she filed pp...and now I am out $120 (YIPEEEEE)
Old 02-18-2007, 06:11 PM   #8
Dawnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We love our full size Co-Sleeper! Kirsten is 15 months old and we still use it every night. It was great set up next to my bed before she was born when I was on bedrest too, I had baskets of stuff to do and my laptop and remotes & stuff right next to me.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:31 PM   #9
marisal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH gets really nervous about having the baby sleep in the bed. The way our room is set up both sides of the bed are open. I think I'd like to get a cosleeper, now I have to decide mini or full size... probably mini...
Thanks for all of your input.
Marisa
marisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:10 PM   #10
benjason
Registered Users
seller

We got one for my YDS. While I really wanted to like it, my DS didn't want to sleep in it but wanted to sleep in bed with mama. I tried using it for naps too but since my DS is a light sleeper it didn't work too well for that either. BUT it does work well for my diaper storage area now - lol! I'm keeping mine though in case we have another baby because I think it could be useful but just didn't work for my son.