Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
clothmybaby
Registered Users

Question for DFW moms

I am new to cloth diapering and was wondering what you use to cloth diaper??? What are your favorite brands and why?

Advertisement

clothmybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:57 AM   #2
knockknockknockin
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Question for DFW moms

I love my BG Organics for out and about, and at home I like fitteds with wool or fleece (or coverless in this heat!). Still trying to find my fav fitted though...
knockknockknockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
paulasue
Registered Users

I love Mommy's Touch pockets. My DS never liked to feel wet, so fitteds were out. MT have a opening in the front and back, so the insert comes out in the wash. I've never touched a pocket insert again. They come in over 20 colors and good looking boy colors. I did not try several dipes due to their lack of colors. I got my dipes at Babies Bottoms and More in Farmers Branch, near 635 and Midway.
paulasue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:43 PM   #4
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I also love Mommy's Touch One Size Easy Clean pockets. I always have 2 in diapers and these make my diaper bag (and laundry in general) so much easier.

The only thing I don't like is stuffing them. That's a pocket downfall not a Mommy's Touch problem. But I am seriously considering switching to one-size all in ones so I don't have a to stuff anymore dipes.
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:40 AM   #5
Mommy2Zara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

GMD prefolds and Thirsties covers are my usual go-to diapers.

Followed closely by a wide variety of fitteds, especially for the hotter weather (Short Rounds, GMD Prefitteds, Sustainablebabyish (S'bish), and Piddle Poddles) for coverless at home and whenever she wears wool or fleece.

I keep some AIO's and pre-stuffed pockets for Daddy and Grandma to use too

I also keep some GroBaby's around for longer days out. I can use the flushable inserts and not have to carry around a loaded wetbag

Basically I use alot of different kinds of diapers for different situations and outfits
Old 07-02-2010, 09:31 AM   #6
Casie629
Registered Users
seller

I mostly use pockets, due to my boys going to daycare (and for daddy). Fuzzi Bunz sized diapers are my favorite, but I have quite a few BumGenius (mostly converted to snaps) too. My 2 y/o is in the medium FB and has been since 4 months. Of course, he was a pretty big baby, so I don't think they would fit all babies that soon. He still has plenty of room to grow in them, so they will likely fit til he is out of diapers.

I also use prefolds, a few fitteds (mostly Mutts) and Thirsties Duo wraps for my little one. I do pockets for daycare for him, but use these at home until he fits in my One Size pockets better. The Duo wraps are by far my favorite cover. They are awesome!

Oh and I have a few Thirsties AIO that I got on GreenBabyBargains.com I think. They are nice too.

I think it just depends on your situation mama! If you are using a daycare, then pockets or AIO would probably be best, but if you are mostly at home, you could use whatever you want! I don't suggest buying a ton of anything at first though. What sounds perfect might not work well for you or your baby. i loved proraps covers with my 2 y/o, but they just don't fit my new baby right, so now I am stuck trying to sell almost new covers.
Casie629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #7
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Prefolds and covers becasue they are cheap and easy

Fuzzibunz because they are easy,and I already own them, lol!

Green Acres Designs because they last forever!
Old 07-27-2010, 04:51 PM   #8
kira04
Registered Users

I'm new to cloth too, but my favorite so far are pockets.
kira04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #9
TeamBS
Registered Users
seller

My lil guy is only 2.5 months old, so take my preferences for what they are worth.
For at home/non daycare time, I prefer fitteds (Kissaluvs- made in Texas! and Little Oranges) and prefolds. I bought my prefolds off Craigslist along with most of my Thirsties covers. The Thirsties covers have gussets that prevent leakage and can be easily wiped off so you don't have to change the covers as often.
I've found that I really hate pockets. Having to stick my hand through poop to get the insert out just isn't my cup of tea, so I prefer all in ones or all in twos. For all in ones, I again, like the Kissaluvs. For all in twos I've been a fan of the GroVia, GroBaby.
We send BumGenius, Happy Heinys and GroBaby/Via to daycare, because the velcro is the easiest thing for them to deal with.
TeamBS is offline   Reply With Quote