View Poll Results: does your 4 year old still nap?
every day 32 47.06%
occasionally, if they were up late or had to get up early 17 25.00%
only when sick 10 14.71%
never 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #21
Sakari
Registered Users

Re: does your 4 year old still nap??

DSD still needs a nap and falls asleep easily every day we have her. That said, I am not sure if she takes a nap consistently at her mom's house. She usually sleeps a good 2-3 hours too!

DSS was not taking naps by age 4 (that I know of) and I think he definitely could have used them.

Advertisement

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #22
2boysmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 4 year old does not. He stopped napping at 3, which is good because last year he was in Pre-K. He'll be in Kindergarten in Aug. and it's all day so even if he wanted a nap he couldn't take one.
2boysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:02 PM   #23
ralenth
Registered Users

My DD turned 4 in April. She still needs a nap, pretty much every day. She's got 2 older brothers, so her naps depend on their schedules more often than not. If she doesn't get a nap, she's ready for bed at 6pm (which doesn't work for us). So, I usually try to get her down most afternoons. She'll sleep for 1-2 hours, and go to bed around 7:30. She's up at 7 or 7:30 am most mornings. If I don't put her down for a nap, she is likely to fall asleep where ever she is (she's fallen asleep during the memorial day celebration, during 2 dance recitals, and countless times on the floor of the living room).
Old 06-13-2010, 08:46 PM   #24
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our dd recently turned 5--but she gave up napping in the fall right about the time she started 5 day a week half day preschool for 4's.

I was sad to see nap time go.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #25
rdossmann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can only dream of him taking a nap. He gets up at 7 and then is up until 9pm. He is the energizer bunny in toddler form. He will sleep on a rare occation, but very rare. I do make him stay in his room and rest for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Forgot to add...he will be 4 in Sept.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:36 PM   #26
musicalisa
Registered Users
seller

Wow, no. I don't currently have a 4 y/o but my daughter was pretty much through with naps by two, unless she fell asleep in the car which wasn't the norm. My son just turned two and I can't wait for him to ditch his nap – it makes bedtime so much harder when he's slept during the day.
musicalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:43 PM   #27
ERoberts13
Registered Users

My 4 year old takes naps occasionally. And that's usually when he was just so tired he fell asleep on his own. His special Ed preschool class was right during his usual nap time, so he just started learning to stay awake and go to bed earlier. But if he's played hard at school, he'll fall asleep almost instantly when he gets home! On days he's not at school, I do try to get him to have some quiet time at our "usual" nap time, but now even our 2 year old isn't always falling asleep during nap time!
ERoberts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:51 PM   #28
tasbaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My 4 y/o nephew naps just about every day. He's bearable without a nap, but better with it. DS is 5 and probably naps about half of the time. It's very obvious though if he hasn't napped because he often turns into pure evil! I'm quite worried about him starting full day kindergarten in the fall. Without napping at all, he's either going to be miserable to be around or maybe we will be able to move him to an earlier bedtime. The boys are usually in bed now around 8:30 each night and up by 6:30 or 7 at the latest.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:58 PM   #29
mmeneely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I WISH! We nixed it because they don't nap at school anymore. Would have done anything for her to have even been quiet for 10min today!
mmeneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:06 AM   #30
kellyann6212003
Registered Users
seller

yuppers - kayla will be 6 in agu and she still naps every day for 1-3 hours though w/o a nap she wont get to craby i love the time alone my 4 1/2 year old LOVES her naps she can be cranky w/o but not really bad the alomst 3 next month DEFF needs a nap and the 12mth old ahhh 4 sure he will crash any ware if you dont give him one lol so ALL 4 go down at 1pm and slowly get up in age order but if someone is still alseep at 4pm i wake them up to not mess with 8 pm bed time inless are day was wacky very seldom But this did happen 2 days ago we ran arands and i got home and said ya know what late nap they were cranky it was hot it was 230 though i let them sleep and i told dh 2 slept till 530 and he didnt listne and when i got home from work he was like why did the baby want to stay up so late ?? argh... they never listne

but i plan on weaning kayla the almost 6yr old starting in agu since she will go to all day kindergarden they dont take naps i think and if they do i dont see her being the type to sleep there with kids around her.

Kayla 9, Alyssa 7, Hanna 6, Tyler 4 & Logan 2 & May 2014
kellyann6212003 is offline   Reply With Quote